First look at the NEW VR controllers for PSVR2

SaysWho?

03_withnotice.jpg
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Stronger immersion with adaptive triggers, haptic feedback, finger-touch detection and more.

The first thing you’ll notice with our next-gen VR controller is the unique design, which takes on an “orb” shape that allows you to hold the controller naturally, while playing with a high degree of freedom. There are no constraints with how you’re moving your hands, providing developers with the ability to create unique gameplay experiences.

We also designed the new controller with great ergonomics in mind, so it’s well-balanced and comfortable to hold in each of your hands. We applied learnings from testing users with a range of hand sizes, as well as the decades of insights from controllers across all PlayStation platforms. The result is an iconic design that will change how VR games are played.

51 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You eating @ManUtdRedDevils lunch today.

shade smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

24 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I likie... I'm all in. on VR so the more the better.

I haven't had the issues many have had with the Move controllers, but it's one of those things that I know isn't affecting me now but is something I'll notice once I get my hands on something like these new controllers and feel the difference.

• Shocked 1

30 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Was hoping this would be compatible with current psvr but this statement seems it's not possible.  

The VR controller is tracked by the new VR headset through a tracking ring across the bottom of the controller.

I might be misreading, but I think that just means that'll take the place of using the PS Camera and Move controllers.

5 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

shade smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I haven't had the issues many have had with the Move controllers, but it's one of those things that I know isn't affecting me now but is something I'll notice once I get my hands on something like these new controllers and feel the difference.

The move controllers are ok, but I've really been enjoying my Oculus. I've incorporated it into my workout routine. Hopefully the next PSVR is untetethred.

14 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The move controllers are ok, but I've really been enjoying my Oculus. I've incorporated it into my workout routine. Hopefully the next PSVR is untetethred.

They already said it will have one wire :/

Came into this thread expecting pictures of bananas and leaving disappointed :nottalking: