My Wife & Animal Crossing help?

HardAct

Hey fellow Patchers, 

Animal Crossing Question here?

I've always wanted to find a game my wife could really get into and enjoy playing. She can't play any "Games" where there are quick movements, shifting cameras, bosses, anything technical in anyway! I was looking at Animal Crossing for Switch. She loves those mindless candy crush games, games like fishdom, and clock maker, most all of those jewel quest games, stuff like that! CCrush being her most played game. Of course to me, non of these games are gaming, at least to me. I would love this boards opinion on weather or not you think she could get into this game? She does love simple games where you design your own town and property, moving lamps, adding fish tanks, planting trees etc. What game was in on facebook where you did all that? Townsville or farmville? something like that, she loved that game.

I've also read that it takes a lot of time to really be able to build what you want, though this might fall into her own hands because she needs time to learn how something navigates right? This seems like a perfect fit but I'm unsure. Is this way more complicated than say Farm Ville of FB? It can't be complicated in any way though...lol this dragon game on her phone from the play stor that you drag stuff with your finger and collect eggs to merge into dragons with a tiny feel of civilization as in layout of land? She seems to enjoy things require daily tasks if in moderation. Like how Farmville had her harvesting tree stuff in a timely fashion. She did love to show me hew farm all the time, she was proud of it. so to end this! Simple, run around and build, collect, vision and creation must be very easy to understand. Thanks guys really so . . 

Is the THE GAME for here or what? Recommend or not? Thanks, if it's a yes I'm buying it right then for her and have my fingers crossed!

From what it sounds like, your wife should be able to get into Animal Crossing. Most of the gameplay is pretty simply and straightforward, and there lots of different things to do daily and weekly. It is a big grind which might be off putting to some, but you can somewhat cheat ahead if you can take advantage of the in game stock market.

I really think I might have found a game that she would love! Thanks guys so much. I'm buying it tomarrow along with Super Mario Maker 2 (for me of course). I lost a huge collection of Switch games in the 2018 camp fire as you all know. So I'm digital only now with a new switch. I have just one cartridge that's Zelda BotW.

Thank guys....

She only played for an hour or so but I think it will grow on her.

By the time it downloaded it was past her normal bed time but stayed up like I said at least an hour! She did walk up to me and ask why can't I pick up these weeds in the very beginning, I tried also with all the buttons and concluded that she had to do something first but that she should learn it for her self. I was worried after I said that, Might have just waisted 59.99, but sell yelled a few minutes after "I had to put my tent down first, I got it!" lol Like I said, My fingers are crossed. Frustration will kill any game for her. After showing her how to put the console to sleep, she thank me. Funny, I had to look online how to save the damned game lol. I tried every button and gave in to failure. I know now it's the - button. Another win is that the console has just sat there unplayed forever and I felt guilty. I'm hoping it will get 100's of hours of play with her at the helm.

Thanks again guys for the advise as always, I appreciate it! I also didn't buy Mario Maker 2 like I set out to do in the first place when I stumbled into this game....lol Bummed that the new Little Big Planet won't have a Creator mode, fuck I loved making those levels back in the day! Thought SMM2 would fill that gap?

5 minutes ago, HardAct said:

She only played for an hour or so but I think it will grow on her.

By the time it downloaded it was past her normal bed time but stayed up like I said at least an hour! She did walk up to me and ask why can't I pick up these weeds in the very beginning, I tried also with all the buttons and concluded that she had to do something first but that she should learn it for her self. I was worried after I said that, Might have just waisted 59.99, but sell yelled a few minutes after "I had to put my tent down first, I got it!" lol Like I said, My fingers are crossed. Frustration will kill any game for her. After showing her how to put the console to sleep, she thank me. Funny, I had to look online how to save the damned game lol. I tried every button and gave in to failure. I know now it's the - button. Another win is that the console has just sat there unplayed forever and I felt guilty. I'm hoping it will get 100's of hours of play with her at the helm.

On her second day I think she'll like it more. The game runs in real time so if you start the game late at night there's not much to do. During the daytime is when the real stuff goes down. (Well between 8am and 10pm anyway.)

2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Maybe they would like one of the Harvest Moon games or Story of Seasons?

Looking into both of these as we speak,

Thank you. I may get this switch a new user yet! Thing for me & the switch is the controls and always has been. I can adapt if I'm into a game like Zelda over days but moving back 'n forth I struggle with the "A" button being the action button and "B" being the back button. Every time I finally pick it up I run into frustration and end up moving back to Steam on PC of my PS4 & Xbox1x. To long between play sessions I thiink, but those games especially Harvest Moon look extremely promising to. Wish Switch games were cheaper, I would love to rebuy some of the loved games I lost ala Mario Kart 8, etc. Fuck that FIRE!

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

On her second day I think she'll like it more. The game runs in real time so if you start the game late at night there's not much to do. During the daytime is when the real stuff goes down. (Well between 8am and 10pm anyway.)

yea,

She started it like 9:30pm last night. Makes sense thanks.... I'm excited for this actually, I game all the time when I can and she's always just on her phone. I would love to see her enjoy more than just Facebook games and the like.

Not going to show her the time jump thing as I think it's better to learn it as it opens up slowly =better I think here. Lastly: Spitfarer looks way beyond her gaming skills level. She HATES platforming even though that game looks very simple, she wouldn't get into that I don't think, thanks though anyway!

1 minute ago, HardAct said:

yea,

She started it like 9:30pm last night. Makes sense thanks.... I'm excited for this actually, I game all the time when I can and she's always just on her phone. I would love to see her enjoy more than just Facebook games and the like.

You're never getting your switch back once she gets into the groove. :p

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You're never getting your switch back once she gets into the groove. :p

I'm totally fine with that. It's an amazing piece of tech and it deserves someone to love it. I miss by PSVita to with Hundreds of dollars lost [maybe honestly a thousand] in games but the cost to replace it is just to much now. I loved that console so much!

Tonight will be the big TV reveal, where I show here how it docks with the TV and give here the ProController...lol :celebrate:

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also either shoot me a friend code or I can use a Dodo code and we can coordinate a time to be online and she can take my fruit and extra DIY and such

Question:

Do I need an Online sub for this? I don't care about the 20bucks, but you know....

how do I shoot you a friend code?

On 2/9/2021 at 11:07 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Also either shoot me a friend code or I can use a Dodo code and we can coordinate a time to be online and she can take my fruit and extra DIY and such

How do I shoot you a friend code. At the moment she has only played first night 1 1-2 hours, and last night for 2 1/2 hours. She freaked out when she got stung buy some wasps, and fucking hit me when she was bitten buy a spider....lol I read online that there are scorpions too! Geeezeee i'll catch hell for this one I think...

• 3 weeks later...