Didn't we have a thread about the New York Times being trash?

2 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Why is the NYT the "paper of record" and not the Washington Post--the main paper in the Capital?

WaPo has its issues too, but the NYT fucking sucks for as much respect as it has. 

I think WaPo wasn't considered to be on the same tier as the NYT until either the Pentagon Papers or Watergate, right?

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think WaPo wasn't considered to be on the same tier as the NYT until either the Pentagon Papers or Watergate, right?

I only know history via Tom Hanks movies, and The Post is about the Pentagon Papers, so I think that's the one. 

WaPo also being trash:

UOYMSCS4ZII6XKCJN6KCHJ277U.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The two parties have yet to agree how to operate the 50-50 chamber days after Democrats took control.

When President Biden took office last week, he promised sweeping, bipartisan legislation to solve the coronavirus pandemic, fix the economy and overhaul immigration.

Just days later, the Senate ground to a halt, with Democrats and Republicans unable to agree on even basic rules for how the evenly divided body should operate.

Yeah, "Democrats and Republicans" unable to agree on the Senate doing business.