Star Wars Outlaws (PC/Xbox Series/PS5 | 30 August 2024) - "Official Story Trailer"

AbsolutSurgen

44 minutes ago, Brick said:

They should put Canto Bight in the game just to upset the chuds. 

They need to do more with it to really troll them. Maybe follow the tradition of making the place more or less pointless, with the only payoff appearing right before the credits roll in the game. Or maybe the only point of the planet is for a series on objectives where we ride animals to safety and help liberate some poor kids. And it’s not an optional part of the game. 

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm telling you guys this is Star Wars/ Watch Dogs... which is fine with me because I actually liked the Watch Dogs games. I know most people here didn't though.

I personally loved Watch Dogs 2 and played and enjoyed a lot of Watch Dogs Legion. Bring it on!

• Halal 1

13 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm telling you guys this is Star Wars/ Watch Dogs... which is fine with me because I actually liked the Watch Dogs games. I know most people here didn't though.

I never played watch dogs. I think I have the first one on Xbox because it was a GWG one month. 

One of the things I always look forward to in Star Wars games is one of the hardest things for other games to get right, and that’s the lore and world building. For Star Wars games it already exists, minus anything new the game might deliver. But basically the games get the benefit of decades of world/galaxy building. Kind of “no duh, it’s a licensed product they all do that.” But I don’t know if all of them do it well, and world building is something many developers struggle with. 

So I think my enjoyment of the Star Wars universe should grant a good deal of forgiveness if the Watchdog elements of this game end up being something I might not enjoy in another game. This happened with Jedi Survivor, where I didn’t like the combat and souls-like resting mechanic, but overall enjoyed the game. 

Don't get me wrong, in my opinion the Watchdogs gameplay loop is fine and has gotten better and deeper with each game. Watchdogs games are basically open world stealth action games that involve sneaking, driving, shooting, hacking and a little melee combat as well. The games do all of these things very well. I was just managing expectations.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Don't get me wrong, in my opinion the Watchdogs gameplay loop is fine and has gotten better and deeper with each game. Watchdogs games are basically open world stealth action games that involve sneaking, driving, shooting, hacking and a little melee combat as well. The games do all of these things very well. I was just managing expectations.

Legions got a bit overboard with the hacking and stealth to the point I had to call it quits. Hopefully this game isn't to focused on that but we just don't know too much about this right now.

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Legions got a bit overboard with the hacking and stealth to the point I had to call it quits. Hopefully this game isn't to focused on that but we just don't know too much about this right now.

Depends on how you played. You can totally play Legions as a run and gun action game especially if you mained a recruit that specialized in action like the professional hitmen and spy recruits. You can really tailor these games to be what you want them to be unlike the Hitman games for example that really require you play stealthily.

• True 1

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Depends on how you played. You can totally play Legions as a run and gun action game especially if you mained a recruit that specialized in action like the professional hitmen and spy recruits. You can really tailor these games to be what you want them to be unlike the Hitman games for example that really require you play stealthily.

That's good points and I should actually go back and play it. I really loved it but I think the hacking got too much for me. But the game has many possibilities and gameplay elements that make it play like any genre you want lol. 

• Halal 1

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Sounds like Ghost Recon Wild Lands, except for the hacking. 

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Sounds like Ghost Recon Wild Lands, except for the hacking. 

It's similar but different enough. Wild Lands is more about tactical infiltration with squadmates or A.I. The Watchdogs games also have more melee combat in them than Wildlands. The essential DNA of most Ubi games is basically the same with some variations.

10 hours ago, best3444 said:

@skillzdadirecta you motivated me to download Watch Dogs Legions this morning because of this thread. It's still currently downloading but I'm going to play it again and take your advice in playing it the way I see fit. I look forward to it!

How's it going? If you want to play it more action-y, make sure you use Hitmen... they have all of the John Wick moves. Also the Spies are good for action gameplay as well.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How's it going? If you want to play it more action-y, make sure you use Hitmen... they have all of the John Wick moves. Also the Spies are good for action gameplay as well.

I haven't played it yet because I'm in the middle of playing Ratchet and Clank. Thanks for the advice for when I get to play it, though.

• Halal 1

• 5 months later...
Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

I thought Avatar was good?

I felt it was like a 7.5 myself, I could see someone thinking less of it like Brian, or higher of it like the DF guys did. It has some really good stuff like the platforming and world design. Combat also feels good. But it also bogs itself down by extending out the playtime with pointless tasks like terrible investigation mechanics, a hunger system that simply wastes time, and having leveling based around combing the world for specific items so you can craft better gear.

The side quests are also pretty weak and the rewards are usually not worth it because they don’t really level you up, you need to go out and find some specific berry or whatever for that. It also encourages you to use stealth on the bases (which are otherwise fun) or else you get less of a reward then proceeds to have broken stealth with botched enemy alertness and without any fun to play stealth mechanics.

I enjoyed most of the main missions but everything outside of it was rather boring but also it required going out and doing outside stuff or else you are under levels for the main missions.

Im hoping Star Wars takes the good parts and at least lets you take the other parts as optional or at the very least designs fun mechanics for that stuff.