Keyser_Soze

Saturday, January 9
11.vresize.200.200.medium.0.png Indianapolis Colts (11-5) 01:05pm ET
CBS
11.vresize.200.200.medium.0.png Buffalo Bills (13-3)
11.vresize.200.200.medium.0.png LA Rams (10-6) 4:40pm ET
FOX
34.vresize.200.200.medium.0.png Seattle Seahawks (12-4)
26.vresize.200.200.medium.0.png Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5) 8:15pm ET
NBC
6.vresize.200.200.medium.0.png Washington Football Team (7-9)

Sunday, January 10
24.vresize.200.200.medium.0.png Baltimore Ravens (11-5) 1:05pm ET
ABC/ESPN
33.vresize.200.200.medium.0.png Tennessee Titans (11-5)
21.vresize.200.200.medium.0.png Chicago Bears (8-8) 4:40pm ET
CBS
3.vresize.200.200.medium.0.png New Orleans Saints (12-4)
21.vresize.200.200.medium.0.png Cleveland Browns (11-5) 8:15pm ET
NBC
3.vresize.200.200.medium.0.png Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)

We get two extra games this week. We will find out of the Bears are worthy of such an honor.

25 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Please, don't everybody run in here and comment on the playoffs without giving it some thought first.

I know you are all excited, but patience before posting avoids unnecessary clutter in a thread. 

If you thought the weekly threads were usually quiet, the only fans left now are you, @thewhyteboar, @Slug and @SoberChef :p

I guess @Emblazon for one last gasp too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I hope Jamal Adams isn't hurt.

Wow.  I didn't even know he got hurt.  I mean obviously a leg would be worse, but a shoulder injury for someone who is sprinting and pursing receivers can't be fun.

I hope he is better for you, T-Dubs.

3 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Wow.  I didn't even know he got hurt.  I mean obviously a leg would be worse, but a shoulder injury for someone who is sprinting and pursing receivers can't be fun.

I hope he is better for you, T-Dubs.

He already hurt one shoulder earlier in the year, now it's the other one. There's no way he won't play, he is too excited to play in his first ever playoff game. But I doubt he will be 100%.

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

At some point someone will have to explain how they pick their timeslots.  The 1PM games seem a lot better than the primetime games.

Two teams a combined 24-8, the best in the Wild Card Round, but with markets no one really cares about, regardless of whether the game will be entertaining or not. 

meh...people in these parts have just gotten used to it.

BTW, congratulations to Josh Allen for winning his second AFC Offensive Player of the Month award this season.  2 out of 4 months ain't too shabby for the Firebaugh Kid.  

39 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Please, don't everybody run in here and comment on the playoffs without giving it some thought first.

I know you are all excited, but patience before posting avoids unnecessary clutter in a thread. 

I'm saving it all up for our improbable, but ultimately destined Super Bowl win. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

He already hurt one shoulder earlier in the year, now it's the other one. There's no way he won't play, he is too excited to play in his first ever playoff game. But I doubt he will be 100%.

Yeah, I was reading the articles.   The D is important, but this is Russell Wilson time...which...usually is the case 24/7.  DK might go lights out here...sorry, to be clear, he might light it up something fierce.

1 minute ago, Slug said:

I'm saving it all up for our improbable, but ultimately destined Super Bowl win. 

I've pulled for Washington to win that division since early on.  Your guys play hard and to say they overcome adversity would be an understatement.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Two teams a combined 24-8, the best in the Wild Card Round, but with markets no one really cares about, regardless of whether the game will be entertaining or not.

If I were to reshuffle it, I'd put Bucs vs Washinton on at 1, Colts vs Bills on 4 and make the Seahawks Rams on at 8, since it's a west coast game most west coast people would care the most to have the game on at 5 pst.

Obviously Sunday is like, whatever! :p

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

At some point someone will have to explain how they pick their timeslots.  The 1PM games seem a lot better than the primetime games.

We have the prime time game because Tom Brady.  That's really it.

My personal preference

Saturday:

Tampa/WFT @ 1PM -- I know @Slug wants to watch this game.  But I sure don't plan on it.

Rams/Seahawks @ 4PM -- Does anybody really want to watch this for the third time?

Ravens/Titans @ 8PM -- Henry vs. Lamar -- I'm in

Sunday:

Browns/Steelers @ 1PM -- Does anybody really want to watch this for the third time?

Bears/Saints @ 4PM -- Second time this season, and this one should at last be competitive

Colts/Bills @ 8PM -- This has the potential to be the BEST game of the weekend -- an entertaining shootout

So, Nagy is horrendous at play calling. Similar to how Trubisky is horrible at accuracy past 5 yards. 6 game losing streak, hands play calling off to the OC, Bill Lazer. Bears proceed to win 3 straight, scoring over 30 each game. Albeit against shit teams. 

What does Nagy do? Takes back play calling in the finale against GB and proceeds to absolutely shit the bed. 

So, I’m here to watch the Bears completely tank on Sunday. And then give up everything for either Watson or Fields. 

9 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

My personal preference

Saturday:

Tampa/WFT @ 1PM -- I know @Slug wants to watch this game.  But I sure don't plan on it.

Rams/Seahawks @ 4PM -- Does anybody really want to watch this for the third time?

Ravens/Titans @ 8PM -- Henry vs. Lamar -- I'm in

Sunday:

Browns/Steelers @ 1PM -- Does anybody really want to watch this for the third time?

Bears/Saints @ 4PM -- Second time this season, and this one should at last be competitive

Colts/Bills @ 8PM -- This has the potential to be the BEST game of the weekend -- an entertaining shootout

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

I think the Colts have a good chance of upsetting the Bills. Allen has had an amazing year and seems to have turned his career around, but he still has to prove it in the playoffs. And that Colts D is no joke. Buckner is the second best DT in the league and can just wreck offenses. It wouldn't surprise me if Allen has a few turnovers. 

56 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I think the Colts have a good chance of upsetting the Bills. Allen has had an amazing year and seems to have turned his career around, but he still has to prove it in the playoffs. And that Colts D is no joke. Buckner is the second best DT in the league and can just wreck offenses. It wouldn't surprise me if Allen has a few turnovers. 

The Bills have outscored their six opponents coming out of the bye 229-110, or 38-18, roughly.  4 of those opponents at the time were in the top 10 in defense.  This weekend maybe the first time that Allen has Diggs, Brown and Beasley playing together since four or five minutes into the hail Murray game and they are going up against the only team to lose against the Steelers in a month and a half.

Yes, they could lose, but right now I am more worried about being carried away by army ants than I am about losing to the Colts. 

...and it’s winter for ants in Buffalo.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@thewhyteboar is on to something though. I have no team in the race but I can root for Rivers one last time. :p

I was there at Super Bowl 25 for wide right.

My parents were life long Bills fans.  My mom died of cancer 20 years ago, my father to leukemia more than a decade ago.

I’m likely more than two thirds of the way through my life, given my families track record.

Here’s a thought, maybe root for the team of a fellow board member who is on borrowed time over “Rivers one last time.”

😂👍✌️

27 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

My parents were life long Bills fans.  My mom died of cancer 20 years ago, my father to leukemia more than a decade ago.

I’m likely more than two thirds of the way through my life, given my families track record.

Here’s a thought, maybe root for the team of a fellow board member who is on borrowed time over “Rivers one last time.”

😂👍✌️

One last time might only be one game and then I can root for the bills the rest of the way. Jeez Mr. Selfish! :nottalking:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BuckFly said:

😂👍✌️

I gotta root for the Colts cause my best friend is a fan, but if Buffalo wins I'll root for them to make the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I gotta root for the Colts cause my best friend is a fan, but if Buffalo wins I'll root for them to make the Super Bowl. 

Not even necessary, TWB, but it is honestly welcome!

My comments are above and they are absolutely true, but the fun in the playoffs is rooting for those teams and players you got feels or. 

I...am a HUGE Philip Rivers fan.  

Loved him going to Indy and knew he was going to get them in.

...Frank Reich?   Are you kidding me?!  :lol:

Why I should be believed when I say that I was at the Greatest Comeback in NFL History (trailing 35-3 in the third quarter) 27 years ago (as of this past Sunday, January 3rd) AND THAT I DIDN'T LEAVE is for one reason, and one reason only...food.

I was lucky enough to be in a box for that game...chicken wings, pizza, roast beef, peanuts, cheese, crackers, drinks, soda, beer, and a dessert I can't even remember,  all at and before halftime (28-3).

...no matter how badly my team is losing there is no way I am leaving...well..food on the table, so to speak.  My buddies who had seats in the lower bowl left at halftime and one of them fell asleep when he got home and missed the whole comeback.

Interestingly, too, is that I believe it was the firs Bills playoff game not to be sold out, so the game was blacked out...no one locally saw it on TV.

...Just too little faith in Reich to pull it off.

Another side note:  At halftime Coach Marv Levy told Reich since he led the greatest comeback in College Football history (at the time it was the greatest when Reich led Maryland over Miami...also as a backup filling in for, I believe Boomer Esiason) that he might as well do it also as a pro, too.