Keyser_Soze

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Wilson was 11/27, Rams QBs were combined 12/25. Ugh. 

@thewhyteboar

No biggie with the above.  Likely won’t even come up with Wilson or even Goff.  Yet Allen today became the first QB in NFL history to throw for 300, complete 70% and run for 50 yards in a playoff game, plus he had 3 tds total as well as 376 total yards for (edit) 89% of the offense and this is the s*** he still gets from the nationals.

Other than the bad ref call on that last drive, I'm not even upset. That was a respectable game. People thought we were gonna get wrecked but we showed we deserved to be there. This team improved 4 games from a 3 win team last year to win the East. I'm happy. We have a good young core we can build around. Solidify the QB position and get some secondary help and I think this is a team that will be competitive for a long time. I'm optimistic about our future. 

Hail to the Football Team. 

10 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

How f***ing bad can the nfl officiating be with this s*** today?!  Honestly.

Washington back caught that ball. Should have been reviewed.

I would have made this post if it made a difference and in the end it didn't, though it was a crappy call.

Nice try Football Team. Get healthy for next season maybe something will happen.

6 minutes ago, Slug said:

Other than the bad ref call on that last drive, I'm not even upset. That was a respectable game. People thought we were gonna get wrecked but we showed we deserved to be there. This team improved 4 games from a 3 win team last year to win the East. I'm happy. We have a good young core we can build around. Solidify the QB position and get some secondary help and I think this is a team that will be competitive for a long time. I'm optimistic about our future. 

Heinke (spelling?) was all man in this game.  This could have gotten out of hand and it didn’t.  Tampa had to sweat this out,  Yes, good job by your team, Slug.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Slug said:

WFT had a top 3 defence this year (and probably the second best pass defence this year) -- but arguably the worst offence (DVOA). Why do you think you need secondary help?

You're right, they need a QB in the worst way -- and not sure what they way forward is to get one -- unless of course someone like Dak becomes an UFA.

Patrick Peterson will become a free agent. Washington could sign him. Boom!

QB market on the other hand pretty iffy, and by iffy I mean mostly shite. Dak or Brissett are probably the best things out there.

Personally I think I might take a chance and try to build through Heinicke. Work on the O-line through the draft and maybe pick up a running back because the run game was near the bottom of the league.

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

WFT had a top 3 defence this year (and probably the second best pass defence this year) -- but arguably the worst offence (DVOA). Why do you think you need secondary help?

You're right, they need a QB in the worst way -- and not sure what they way forward is to get one -- unless of course someone like Dak becomes an UFA.

I think the secondary, while solid, had glaring weaknesses.  Specifically getting off the field in 'and long' situations.  Darby is solid, but has bad eyes and gets turned often.  I'm not sure he'd be a starter elsewhere.  Our pass D is good, but anchored entirely by our front 4 creating pressure.  They can't hold the line if left to their own devices.  This is evidenced by our unpressured passing allowance and the fact that we were one of the worst defenses against big plays.  You look at our average yards allowed per play and it's really good, but in reality it was a whole lot of drives that played out like, "1st down 1 yard -> 2nd down -2 yards -> 3rd down 12 yards 1st down".  While our averages were solid, it hurts to consistently have to be nervous on 3rd and 15 because you know we're suspect in the long game.  I think getting some support for Fuller on the other side and maybe some greater speed at safety goes a long way towards filling those gaps.

As far as the offense, yeah they were bad.  But I have to point at the QB woes specifically.  Haskins was not what we thought he was going to be.  We have great young talent in McLaurin and Gibson, a line that is getting stronger (but still needs work) and reliable role-players in Thomas and McKissic.  This is why (I know, it's football's most obvious statement) we need to solidify the QB situation.  The offense was unproductive overall, but they got the job done when you had a smart veteran in with Smith.  We were 5-1 in games Smith started.  Is Smith coming back?  In Heineke going to be that guy?  He flashed a lot of potential out there, but I don't know.  But it needs to be decided ahead of the draft; we can't have questions going into camp.  I'm hoping Rivera see's what he needs to see to decide who his guy is going to be.

Ultimately I think we have a strong core that can be built up.  If the young players continue to buy into the system and our frankly amazing crop of rookies continue to improve then I'm optimistic.  But yeah, solidify QB and get some guys who can strengthen our secondary and I don't think it's a stretch to see this being a 10 win team in 2021.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I pray the McNair family is dumb enough to take TJ Watt for Watson straight up. Would be the fucking steal of the century, and I think they might be dumb enough to see it through!

It would be very on brand for this terrible family and their ridiculous football organization