What are your New Year's Resolutions? 

Remarkableriots

Boring stuff really.

Cardio for at least 90 minutes and strength 30 minutes per week.

Aim to reduce the amount of printing that I do at work - a by-product of being more organised and working a bit more at school, to enjoy life a bit more outside of it.

Pass my teacher probation year with satisfactory or good.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Until you call that perfectly normal guy a one-legged midget to his face. 

Lol. The guy was absolutely a dwarf at an amazing height of 4 feet tall. He had one "good" leg and another dead one he drug along. He texted me Merry Christmas on the 23rd I believe and I sent him a really nice message back. He will be missed because he was full of laughs. Great man. 

22 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Lol. The guy was absolutely a dwarf at an amazing height of 4 feet tall. He had one "good" leg and another dead one he drug along. He texted me Merry Christmas on the 23rd I believe and I sent him a really nice message back. He will be missed because he was full of laughs. Great man. 

sign language bullshit GIF

8 hours ago, Rachel said:

I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions. They don’t last for most people anyway. You can make changes any time of year you see fit. The process of change is usually a long complicated road that doesn’t follow the schedule of “LoL nEw YeAr NeW mE!”

I generally agree, but yesterday I found myself almost at tears a number of times, and I didn't understand why. Eventually I realized that it was because I was kind of subconsciously reflecting on everything that happened during the year. You know how, when traumatic or stressful shit happens to you, you just kind of brush it off and keep going? Because that's all you can do? You never stop to think about it, you just keep going. Yesterday I found myself stopping to think about everything, and the full weight of everything that happened last year, good and bad, was suddenly made real.

In that context, I understand new years resolutions. Like, if you take a moment to reflect on things that you previously just dismissed, it can make you see things you didn't before. Like if there were times you were being an idiot or bad habits you developed without noticing.

Even if most of your resolutions don't stick, maybe even recognizing that there are things you could do better is valuable.