AT&T is :( people don't want to pay big bucks for DirecTV.

Jason

This was always a doomed venture.

The question to me is how much the DirecTV blunder will affect investor's confidence in AT&T's media holdings as a whole. There's a non-zero chance that AT&T blows up Warner Media in an attempt to turn HBO Max into Netflix, and then ends up selling the whole thing in a fire sale as investors reconsider the wisdom of a profitable ISP spending all it's cash trying to build a new media company.

I know a lot of people only had it for the NFL Sunday Ticket. I'm stuck with Cox and now and my speeds are nowhere near what I pay for, my bill has gone up $60 a month since I moved out here and when I called to get it reduced or re do my package I got told well if I change my package it would be $300 or more. 

I know it's not so easy but if someone ever comes up with a cable company that doesn't even just completely suck and offers good speeds everyone would switch. 

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

I know a lot of people only had it for the NFL Sunday Ticket. I'm stuck with Cox and now and my speeds are nowhere near what I pay for, my bill has gone up $60 a month since I moved out here and when I called to get it reduced or re do my package I got told well if I change my package it would be $300 or more. 

I know it's not so easy but if someone ever comes up with a cable company that doesn't even just completely suck and offers good speeds everyone would switch. 

Companies are tighten the screws. Discounts are generally going away. We stopped offering bundles actually. Each service is individually priced.

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

I just got gigabit and unlimited data for a year free for threatening to go to youtube.tv

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

Verizon. Trying to hold out until I retire. Not sure how that will work the company is really focused on wireless. I think they feel 5G is good enough for general use. 

You old bro? Because if you got like 20 years to ride out not sure how that's gonna work. 

Shit I'm 38 and my company just laid off a bunch of people who were mostly old and expensive. So that shattered my hope of riding things out til retirement here, which is a shame because they still offer a pension. I gotta diversify my skillset because at some point I won't survive a round of purging. 

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

Shit I'm 38 and my company just laid off a bunch of people who were mostly old and expensive. So that shattered my hope of riding things out til retirement here, which is a shame because they still offer a pension. I gotta diversify my skillset because at some point I won't survive a round of purging. 

I have a union at my job but yes same reason. We have a pension still and I want to keep it. It's why I'd never go management.