If you use GrubHub, UberEATS, etc, you are a bad person

Joe

On 1/17/2021 at 3:25 PM, Rachel said:

Or just use it no matter what because it’s not up to a customer to babysit a restaurant that can’t figure out to raise the prices themselves and keep up with the times. 

Maybe because people will stop ordering from them if they jack up their prices?! 

Just now, Rachel said:

Everyone else that does it is still getting orders. So if anything the ones that don’t have an incentive for people who want to penny pinch. 

Tim Horton's really needs to improve their MBA programs. No bueno!

13 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

The predatory pricing is between the restaurant and the delivery service. That ain't none of my goddamn business. Restaurants have been happy to have predatory tipping "wages" for decades. Sucks, but no one does shit about it.

Oh this is the restaurant's fault and not the government's? News to me.

9 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

If the government has to tell you not to be a piece of shit, then they have to tell me, too!

In all seriousness, many restaurants in NYC prepandemic tried switching to a no tip format and were met with massive backlash and had to revert. Until this comes from the government, it's never going to happen.

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

Hope he gave a little extra for the struggling restaurant, too.

I do.

In this case we hired a house cleaner to do a deep clean, she was gonna spend 4 hours and ended up doing ~7-8 and skipped lunch (we did offer to get her something, she declined). In my opinion it was the least I could do and will definitely hire again. I'm in a fortune position where I can afford to do it, and she was shocked by the tip so if it can make her life a little easier then I'm happy with it. I honestly thought it wasn't enough for what she did. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I do.

In this case we hired a house cleaner to do a deep clean, she was gonna spend 4 hours and ended up doing ~7-8 and skipped lunch (we did offer to get her something, she declined). In my opinion it was the least I could do and will definitely hire again. I'm in a fortune position where I can afford to do it, and she was shocked by the tip so if it can make her life a little easier then I'm happy with it. I honestly thought it wasn't enough for what she did. 

I was mostly joking, but that is amazing my dude. You seem like a truly great person.

• Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

My favorite postmates places are the ones that allow you to "purchase" tip money for the staff. Of course, that makes it even more expensive, so if you're tipping both the staff and the driver appropriately, your cost per order can basically double.

But, if I'm ordering postmates, it's because I 100% *do not want to leave my house*. Apparently I'm willing to pay a premium for that.