Alien: Romulus (16 August 2024) - Teaser Trailer

I have heard nothing but good things about this from behind the scenes, so while I know the Alien franchise hasn't really been in the best place for decades now (Covenant was so stupid), I have faith that this can finally right the goddamned ship, and Fede Alvarez is going to deliver a solid Alien movie at long, long last. 

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Oh good God - here we go again.

THEY LITERALLY MIMICKED THAT PATICULAR SHOT OF RIPLEY FROM "ALIENS".

Comes out on my birthday which means it must be good :thinking:

I'm looking forward to both this and Noah Hawley's upcoming Alien TV show (probably moreso the  TVshow because I think Hawley is a better filmmaker than Fede Alvarez, at least so far). I'm not as down on the Alien movies as some are (given my love of the two new ones by Ridley Scott), so now's as good a time as any to rank them, are they all mostly bad? I don't really think we should count the two AvP movies but I did so for completeness's sake. I'm sure most here will disagree with my "good" tier.

Great:

-Alien

-Aliens

Good:

-Alien 3: The Workprint Edition

-Prometheus

-Alien: Covenant

Decent:

-Alien Resurrection

Bad:

-Alien 3: The Theatrical Edition

-Alien vs. Predator

-Alien vs. Predator: Requiem

• True 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm looking forward to both this and Noah Hawley's upcoming Alien TV show (probably moreso the  TVshow because I think Hawley is a better filmmaker than Fede Alvarez, at least so far). I'm not as down on the Alien movies as some are (given my love of the two new ones by Ridley Scott), so now's as good a time as any to rank them, are they all mostly bad? I don't really think we should count the two AvP movies but I did so for completeness's sake. I'm sure most here will disagree with my "good" tier.

Great:

-Alien

-Aliens

Good:

-Alien 3: The Workprint Edition

-Prometheus

-Alien: Covenant

Decent:

-Alien Resurrection

Bad:

-Alien 3: The Theatrical Edition

-Alien vs. Predator

-Alien vs. Predator: Requiem

Get out of my head.

The Alien 3 Workprint Edition has grown on me, especially as an adult where I know most of the actors now. Covenant has problems, but man, Fassbender is so good you can overlook it.

• Hugs 1

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Get out of my head.

The Alien 3 Workprint Edition has grown on me, especially as an adult where I know most of the actors now. Covenant has problems, but man, Fassbender is so good you can overlook it.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

"Watch me, I'll do the fingering."

There's no question that Prometheus and Covenant have problems but everything with Fassbender is mesmerizing in both movies. I also love the euro sci-fi aesthetic used, since then also prominently used in The Callisto Protocol, Raised by Wolves, Death Stranding and Returnal. 

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Brick said:

It better have a smaller popcorn bucket inside the first one. 

Ingenious. The popcorn is only in the small bucket but sells at the price of a large or more because it's a "novelty".