EA Sports is Bringing Back College Football

Keyser_Soze

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I had a friend who was obsessed with these games at the time. Other than him I never knew anyone else that played them. 

I think you must have a very small circle... or maybe aren't in the US.  There are millions of people who will play the shit out of this.  There are people still playing xbox 360 so they can play the 2014 version of this game (lots of them).  This game will sell systems when it releases.  

Now being EA it could suck really badly.  I hope that they have a separate team working on this from Madden.  Also it sounds like it is not coming this year anyway.  

WV football fans were fucking bummed when the NCAA games were no more. People wear gold and blue here religiously. WV doesn't have a pro-team so everyone preferred NCAA. And like, if you weren't a fan of WVU then there was always Marshall. The people I know only switched to Madden because it was their only option. Like, some of them had only played NCAA and never touched Madden. 

49 minutes ago, Bacon said:

WV football fans were fucking bummed when the NCAA games were no more. People wear gold and blue here religiously. WV doesn't have a pro-team so everyone preferred NCAA. And like, if you weren't a fan of WVU then there was always Marshall. The people I know only switched to Madden because it was their only option. Like, some of them had only played NCAA and never touched Madden. 

Fuck WVU

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nublood said:

They're not an ACC school.

googles "what is ACC"

What does WVU being in a different... Conference? Division? have to do with liking them or not. That sounds stupid. Like hating an NFL team because they are NFC or AFC sounds stupid as well. 

10 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I had a friend who was obsessed with these games at the time. Other than him I never knew anyone else that played them. 

Back in the day you could play this and then import your draft class to madden so there was one reason to play them both.

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

I'm not a WVU fan, but what is wrong with WVU? 

He's a Pitt fan. He's going to say fuck anyone else.

9 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

All I remember of this series from the GameCube era that made it different from Madden was viable option plays and marching band music.

I liked how they presented rivalry trophies for example.

Fremont-cannon.jpg
EN.M.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Replaying big classic games to change the outcome was also interesting in past games.

I always enjoyed it more than Madden because (other than option plays and marching band music)

• More teams
  • More robust playbooks
  • Recruiting

Well recruiting was probably the biggest part of the game. Building your team year after year through recruiting was sometimes even more fun than actually playing the football game. Also, seasons were shorter so you could get to end of season recruiting faster (but there was also in season recruiting as well). I've purchased an NCAA game (which is what they were called before they stopped making them) more times than I have a Madden game.