Capital on Netflix

Well I'll certainly be watching this! Thanks for the heads up. As a person who follows pattern recognition in human history myself, I find this stuff fascinating, because it makes future problems so easy to avoid. Too bad no one learned from Seldon in Foundation and instead humans act like idiots who never learn from history, as if every generation has amnesia.

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Well I'll certainly be watching this! Thanks for the heads up. As a person who follows pattern recognition in human history myself, I find this stuff fascinating, because it makes future problems so easy to avoid. Too bad no one learned from Seldon in Foundation and instead humans act like idiots who never learn from history, as if every generation has amnesia.

Those of us who figure it out are the ones who don't have kids. 

3 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Lol not true at all but ok

Maybe not true, but every parent I know is a bad parent on one level or another compared to my standard. Most are floating through life, not even realizing the level and weight of the responsibility of bringing new lives into this world. So yeah, parents mostly suck, fuck 'em. It's anecdotal evidence, I grant, but it's not like the news dissuades me from this notion at all either on a macro scale. It reaffirms it.

• Confused 1

On 9/12/2020 at 12:34 PM, Greatoneshere said:

Maybe not true, but every parent I know is a bad parent on one level or another compared to my standard. Most are floating through life, not even realizing the level and weight of the responsibility of bringing new lives into this world. So yeah, parents mostly suck, fuck 'em. It's anecdotal evidence, I grant, but it's not like the news dissuades me from this notion at all either on a macro scale. It reaffirms it.

Alright, I’ll bite. What is your standard for a good parent?

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2020 at 1:11 PM, Mercury33 said:

Alright, I’ll bite. What is your standard for a good parent?

Someone who doesn't psychologically, physically, or mentally abuses their child in any way (within reason). Someone who isn't negligent, raising their children blindly by the seat of their pants without really knowing what their doing. They should have mental and emotional intelligence and discipline, and raise their children understanding the sheer existential weight of their responsibilities as a parent. Stuff like that, that I never/rarely see.

On 9/17/2020 at 10:23 AM, Greatoneshere said:

Someone who doesn't psychologically, physically, or mentally abuses their child in any way (within reason). Someone who isn't negligent, raising their children blindly by the seat of their pants without really knowing what their doing. They should have mental and emotional intelligence and discipline, and raise their children understanding the sheer existential weight of their responsibilities as a parent. Stuff like that, that I never/rarely see.

Either you’ve surrounded yourself with an awful group of people or you don’t actually have in inside view to parenting and are simply parroting the most common misconstrued critiques of modern parenting. 

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

Either you’ve surrounded yourself with an awful group of people or you don’t actually have in inside view to parenting and are simply parroting the most common misconstrued critiques of modern parenting. 

Dunno what to tell you. Almost every parent I've ever met in my 33 years of being alive.

:shrug: