Does anyone here have a PS4 pro to sell?

maddux4163

I ask because everyone on Facebook and EBay wants full MSRP. $400. Ummm. No. If I wanted to pay MSRP. I’d buy it new. We’re 4 months from a new gen. It’s dumb to want a pro. My regular PS4 is fine. But I have a 4K tv and wanted to see what it’s like is all

Ah, if you're really interested I am planning on selling mine this week on ebay.  $305 including shipping I would be down for though not sure why you want to bother at this point. probably better to hold out till ps5 but let me know by end of today

32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Check with @ARZ

ARZ wants $500+, he want's lower than MRSP.

I got a Pro a few weeks ago for like $320, refurb from Amazon.  It's whisper quiet so far, and works great.

I will say, i jumped from the OG PS4 to the Pro early on in TLoU2, and while it's definitely a higher resolution image and crisper, it kind of highlighted to me how little difference a slight resolution bump ultimately is though.

I am using Performance mode on Ghost though, and when I put it in resolution mode, I had some frame dips, so that seems to be worthwhile.

7 hours ago, maddux4163 said:

I ask because everyone on Facebook and EBay wants full MSRP. $400. Ummm. No. If I wanted to pay MSRP. I’d buy it new. We’re 4 months from a new gen. It’s dumb to want a pro. My regular PS4 is fine. But I have a 4K tv and wanted to see what it’s like is all

Give me 2 weeks or so and I'll part with mine on the cheap.

On 7/20/2020 at 6:23 AM, JPDunks4 said:

ARZ wants $500+, he want's lower than MRSP.

I got a Pro a few weeks ago for like $320, refurb from Amazon.  It's whisper quiet so far, and works great.

I will say, i jumped from the OG PS4 to the Pro early on in TLoU2, and while it's definitely a higher resolution image and crisper, it kind of highlighted to me how little difference a slight resolution bump ultimately is though.

I am using Performance mode on Ghost though, and when I put it in resolution mode, I had some frame dips, so that seems to be worthwhile.

I have an OG ps4 and was thinking about waiting to play TLoU2 when the 5 comes out, but you're saying it isn't a big difference?  Should I just buy it and play on OG?

1 hour ago, Boyle5150 said:

I have an OG ps4 and was thinking about waiting to play TLoU2 when the 5 comes out, but you're saying it isn't a big difference?  Should I just buy it and play on OG?

I played it on the OG and it played fine except for the fact that the PS4 sounded like it was about to launch into orbit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I played it on the OG and it played fine except for the fact that the PS4 sounded like it was about to launch into orbit.

have you played it on both og and pro?

was there a huge difference, big enough to wait for ps5? (im not buying the pro)

Just now, Boyle5150 said:

have you played it on both og and pro?

was there a huge difference, big enough to wait for ps5? (im not buying the pro)

No but @JPDunks4 has and we talked about it a lot. I have played it on two different TV'S... one with HDR and one without. Game looks AMAZING with HDR turned on. I wouldn't wait if I was you. PS4 pros are hard to find as well.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

No but @JPDunks4 has and we talked about it a lot. I have played it on two different TV'S... one with HDR and one without. Game looks AMAZING with HDR turned on. I wouldn't wait if I was you. PS4 pros are hard to find as well.

Damn you!!  Ok, I can't wait any longer,  time to see if my ps4 still turns on.  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Damn you!!  Ok, I can't wait any longer,  time to see if my ps4 still turns on.  

All of which is to say that with The Last of Us Part 2, Sony has delivered effective platform-parity in terms of the visual specification, with just a resolution boost delivered to those who've bought the enhanced machine. Yes, the base PS4 has a tiny, marginal performance advantage but it's essentially a non-issue and didn't stop us playing through the game on Pro hardware.

Digital Foundry

I was on the OG PlayStation until I got to downtown Seattle.  I would look really good on that, and seemed to have a solid framerate.

On the Pro it was noticably higher res, but that's all I noticed.  No better frames or performance mode.  Didn't seem to have better textures or anything.

I probably wouldn't wait.  PS5 I would hope gets a double framerate option, so if that matters to you it might be worth waiting.