Should I buy a Nintendo Switch (when available)?

Bataar

So I had pretty much decided to get a Switch, once they're available for normal cost. However, I have recently read about issues with the joy con controllers and drift. The implication was that it's not a matter of if the controller will go bad, but when. If it's that bad, I'll hold off, but I just wanted to see what your opinions are.

I bought the Switch back when they all became extremely difficult to get (all models). I bought it at Sam's Club online, and the purchase went quite smoothly. I wanted the console version, not the lite, but it's what it is. They still haven't become easily obtainable, so all I have is the Lite.

I bought it specifically to play Animal Crossing, and it was cute, but I really couldn't get into it. And when I found celebrities signing into it and "visiting" islands of regular players, something just turned me off of the whole thing. I HATE when celebrities involve themselves in a game. I don't hate that they play it, but that the media makes a huge deal that some politician or movie star plays a game that real people play. I sometimes just want to throw the device into a wall whenever I hear crap like that. Don't even know why it bothers me.

Having said that, I haven't really played Animal Crossing since the first day I started it. It just sits on my kitchen table charging most of the time as I go into my office and continue working on my next novel.

1 hour ago, brucoe said:

I bought it specifically to play Animal Crossing, and it was cute, but I really couldn't get into it. And when I found celebrities signing into it and "visiting" islands of regular players, something just turned me off of the whole thing. I HATE when celebrities involve themselves in a game. I don't hate that they play it, but that the media makes a huge deal that some politician or movie star plays a game that real people play. I sometimes just want to throw the device into a wall whenever I hear crap like that. Don't even know why it bothers me.

Yeah that's a real interesting thing to get bothered by. Maybe you should sell yours to the OP.