Sign in to follow this  
TwinIon

General Gaming Ideas for Virtual Game Nights?

I'm trying to figure out what the best games to play during a virtual game night are.

While I've got every console under the sun, most of my friends only have one, and it's not the same one. There isn't a single platform we all have access to. Some have iPhones, others androids, Macs, PCs, etc.

The one game that seems to work well is Jackbox. We've played it in person enough that we're all familiar, only one person has to buy it for everyone to play, and the platform agnostic client/server thing is absolutely ideal, but it's also a game we've played a decent amount of, so I'd rather not turn every game night into Jackbox night.

I'm open to any ideas. I'm happy to point a camera at a real board game, buy a game on any platform, host a server, or whatever else might work for a virtual game night. Anyone have any great ideas?

We've been doing Jackbox with various groups of people for the past couple days. It works great streaming over Discord. Definitely gonna be burnt out of it at some point though.

8 hours ago, TwinIon said:

The one game that seems to work well is Jackbox. We've played it in person enough that we're all familiar, only one person has to buy it for everyone to play, and the platform agnostic client/server thing is absolutely ideal, but it's also a game we've played a decent amount of, so I'd rather not turn every game night into Jackbox night.

Which one though? That Robot freestyle one has got some lasting appeal.

Jackbox Party Packs are great. Only 1 person needs the game and you can stream it easily via twitch or discord (to a private group). Quiplash and Murder Mystery Trivia are both favorites of my friends.

On 3/22/2020 at 2:27 PM, Ricofoley said:

We've been doing Jackbox with various groups of people for the past couple days. It works great streaming over Discord. Definitely gonna be burnt out of it at some point though.

Which games, in your opinion, are the best ones?

If you don't own any of them yet, I think 3 is a good place to start. Everything on there is fun, although I think for Fakin' It you have to physically be in the room with each other. 6, the newest one, has some good stuff. There's a game called Push the Button which is like a mafia/werewolf type of thing where you have to find out who's betraying the group, but the mechanics of how you do that are interesting.