Ideas for Virtual Game Nights?

TwinIon

I'm trying to figure out what the best games to play during a virtual game night are.

While I've got every console under the sun, most of my friends only have one, and it's not the same one. There isn't a single platform we all have access to. Some have iPhones, others androids, Macs, PCs, etc.

The one game that seems to work well is Jackbox. We've played it in person enough that we're all familiar, only one person has to buy it for everyone to play, and the platform agnostic client/server thing is absolutely ideal, but it's also a game we've played a decent amount of, so I'd rather not turn every game night into Jackbox night.

I'm open to any ideas. I'm happy to point a camera at a real board game, buy a game on any platform, host a server, or whatever else might work for a virtual game night. Anyone have any great ideas?

8 hours ago, TwinIon said:

The one game that seems to work well is Jackbox. We've played it in person enough that we're all familiar, only one person has to buy it for everyone to play, and the platform agnostic client/server thing is absolutely ideal, but it's also a game we've played a decent amount of, so I'd rather not turn every game night into Jackbox night.

Which one though? That Robot freestyle one has got some lasting appeal.

On 3/22/2020 at 2:27 PM, Ricofoley said:

We've been doing Jackbox with various groups of people for the past couple days. It works great streaming over Discord. Definitely gonna be burnt out of it at some point though.

Which games, in your opinion, are the best ones?

If you don't own any of them yet, I think 3 is a good place to start. Everything on there is fun, although I think for Fakin' It you have to physically be in the room with each other. 6, the newest one, has some good stuff. There's a game called Push the Button which is like a mafia/werewolf type of thing where you have to find out who's betraying the group, but the mechanics of how you do that are interesting.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

How about Papa's Quiz?

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1609339101
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Papa’s Quiz is a party game for 1-8 players. Use phones or tablets as controllers and compete in multiple question types, where the smartest and fastest player will be the last standing victor! Share screen on Discord or use Steam Remote Play to play with your friends!

Jackbox is great. Also while I know it's not supported on all platforms I have to recommend among us. The game requires so little resources that most of my company ran it fine on our macs using a wrapper called crossover. So that would cover windows, mac, iphone, android, & switch

• 2 months later...

This game is kind of like among us if it looked good and you can kill the imposters while you roam around instead of just waiting to vote them

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1617907321
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

First Class Trouble is a party game where players must work together and against each other to survive a disaster. The goal is to shut down a deadly A.I. Some players are impostors, secretly playing as human-looking killer robots intent on betraying the other players.

• 9 months later...
capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1642206076
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Goose, goose, DUCK? A game of social deduction where you and your fellow geese must work together to complete your mission. Keep an eye out for those malicious Mallards and other birds, who have infiltrated your team and will do anything to stop you.

It's like Among Us but you can have more roles and it feels a bit more modern.