The Fitness Video Game "Ring Fit Adventure" Is Selling Out Worldwide Because Of The Coronavirus

Jason

tbf it also has been selling out a lot ever since release because they really underestimated it tho ya it’s even more so now.

I wanted it for my birthday since I think I’ll like it but just not sure enough to buy it myself..that’s in mid April and I don’t see that being possible now :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you think it's a safe bet that any Ring Fit Adventure listed on eBay as shipping from China is a fake? I'm seeing reasonable prices on eBay but I'm not sure if it's because they're fake or if it's just from scalpers who never managed to move their product at a higher price.

• 1 month later...

A couple of weeks ago I saw that Nintendo is supposed to be pushing new stock but I see no indication of that yet. But the listings for new ones on Amazon are now down to ~$150. I think I'm going to keep waiting because I've been noticing a consistent downward trend every time I look, but I might bite if it gets down to $120 and there's still none in stock in stores.

Nintendo isn't too switch on judging things. Ring Fit was hard to find pretty much right out of the gate (I actually preordered mine- a rarity for me) and they never really seemed to be in any rush to meet demand. Personally I would like to see other games utilize the ring. Another blind spot for Nintendo is with AC cards. The game sells 13+ million in its opening month or so and they don't think to reissue those silly cards?!?! It's literally missing the opportunity to print money. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

A couple of weeks ago I saw that Nintendo is supposed to be pushing new stock but I see no indication of that yet. But the listings for new ones on Amazon are now down to ~$150. I think I'm going to keep waiting because I've been noticing a consistent downward trend every time I look, but I might bite if it gets down to $120 and there's still none in stock in stores.

Amazon has stock today for a hot minute. 

12 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Nintendo isn't too switch on judging things. Ring Fit was hard to find pretty much right out of the gate (I actually preordered mine- a rarity for me) and they never really seemed to be in any rush to meet demand. Personally I would like to see other games utilize the ring. Another blind spot for Nintendo is with AC cards. The game sells 13+ million in its opening month or so and they don't think to reissue those silly cards?!?! It's literally missing the opportunity to print money. 

I actually saw one in Target before the pandemic and decided not to buy it because I thought I'd just get bored with it quickly. :(

11 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Amazon has stock today for a hot minute. 

Interesting. Maybe that's why the prices from other sellers tanked so hard, last time I looked it was still around $220.

Got an email from Target 8 fucking minutes ago that it's back in stock and it's already gone. :(

19 hours ago, brandino said:

Is it any good?

There are good reviews from before the stay at home orders started but I think gyms being closed (and it probably being dumb to go back to the gym for a while even if they all opened up tomorrow) majorly changed the calculus on whether it's worth it. When I saw one in February I figured it was a novelty I'd get bored of quickly but now it's appealing as a gym replacement since I'm not in a situation to set up weights at home.

I think I'm gonna give it another week or two to see if I catch any in stock at MSRP, but seeing ones on eBay with buy it now prices of around $120 with shipping included. Unlike when I looked a couple of months ago these are coming from within the US, not China, so much better odds that they're legit and not knockoffs. :p

With 10% sales tax in Santa Monica, $120 total vs MSRP of $80 works out to an actual difference of about $30. Still getting ripped off at that point, but not astronomically so.

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think I'm gonna give it another week or two to see if I catch any in stock at MSRP, but seeing ones on eBay with buy it now prices of around $120 with shipping included. Unlike when I looked a couple of months ago these are coming from within the US, not China, so much better odds that they're legit and not knockoffs. :p

With 10% sales tax in Santa Monica, $120 total vs MSRP of $80 works out to an actual difference of about $30. Still getting ripped off at that point, but not astronomically so.

the knockoffs also don't include the game

6 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Yea. I tried to buy it online through Amazon but it would never check our. Got frustrated and looked up local stock and saw a few Walmart’s by me have 3-4 in stock.

Nice. Getting it for $70 would have obviously been awesome but I'm not gonna complain about getting it for MSRP all things considered. :p Was it labelled as being on sale or did Walmart just randomly have it cheaper?

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nice. Getting it for $70 would have obviously been awesome but I'm not gonna complain about getting it for MSRP all things considered. :p Was it labelled as being on sale or did Walmart just randomly have it cheaper?

No clue. It looks like it has been discounted since December. Maybe it is permanent for Walmart. 

I used the following website to find it. 

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=434503657

2 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

No clue. It looks like it has been discounted since December. Maybe it is permanent for Walmart. 

I used the following website to find it. 

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=434503657

Thanks, it's showing none by me, but all of the Walmarts are far enough away that the gas I'd burn going back and forth would eat into the $10 savings anyhow. 

I think to each their own. But any “gym rat” that couldn’t go due to coronavirus has 19276 ways to workout 

be it cardio, resistance training or both. 

Personally I like P90x and for full resistance cardio training “The Rack”. 

No hardcore gym rat (I’m not) would ever consider a ring fit unless they’re being paid 😂

13 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Dude. Bro. It ain’t replacing my cardio or weight training. I enjoy games that allow you to be more active than sitting on a couch while scratching those itches. It looks fun to me. 

:shrug:

Like I said. To each their own. But the article is what I think is non sense. Coronavirus causes people to forget how to workout at home? Meh. 

18 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

Like I said. To each their own. But the article is what I think is non sense. Coronavirus causes people to forget how to workout at home? Meh. 

This is akin to when “hardcore” gamers not realizing they are a significant minority and make a silly prediction when something won’t sell well while the mainstream eats it up. It ain’t for you bud and that’s ok. 

bro hug GIF

41 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

This is akin to when “hardcore” gamers not realizing they are a significant minority and make a silly prediction when something won’t sell well while the mainstream eats it up. It ain’t for you bud and that’s ok. 

bro hug GIF

Lol. It’s probably a fun little workout. No hate here. The article is what’s dumb. As if people forgot how to do a sit up now that another virus came along. It’s silly 

45 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

Lol. It’s probably a fun little workout. No hate here. The article is what’s dumb. As if people forgot how to do a sit up now that another virus came along. It’s silly 

People here aren't focused on the article they are focused on having fun in the game and being active at the same time. It looks like a fun game not just an excuse to work out.

40 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

People here aren't focused on the article they are focused on having fun in the game and being active at the same time. It looks like a fun game not just an excuse to work out.

Won’t disagree. I’m reading the article and it acts like because there’s a virus, Americans don’t know how to exercise. Which is asinine 

19 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

Won’t disagree. I’m reading the article and it acts like because there’s a virus, Americans don’t know how to exercise. Which is asinine 

I dunno, there are plenty of dumb people in America.

Also, you're discounting the fact that right when this pandemic hit it was nearly impossible to get some exercise equipment, even free weights, or maybe that some people can't afford them if they could get them after they lost their job.

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I dunno, there are plenty of dumb people in America.

Also, you're discounting the fact that right when this pandemic hit it was nearly impossible to get some exercise equipment, even free weights, or maybe that some people can't afford them if they could get them after they lost their job.

Heh. If you can’t get hold of a dumbbell. Your next thought isn’t a Nintendo Switch game.