What are you playing today?

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol actually I thought the original did all this time! I played it for the first time on SNES via All-stars. Yeah, that would be freakin brutal.

Yep, I got a copy with my NES back in the day for the first video game I ever owned.

For my 18th birthday, my (not then)hubsand got my a SNES with the All Stars + World cart since I never owned the system as a kid. Best birthday present ever.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yep, I got a copy with my NES back in the day for the first video game I ever owned.

For my 18th birthday, my (not then)hubsand got my a SNES with the All Stars + World cart since I never owned the system as a kid. Best birthday present ever.

The snes with Mario World and Street Fighter 2 christmas of 92 is my all time favorite Christmas present. That cart is the best cart ever.

• Like 1

@Biggie It’s impressive for 2 generations ago. Rockstar is on another level for sure. I am currently in the strip club and just thinking how detailed part 6 will be.

The visuals are still good after 10 years. Well this is a "remaster" so I guess it's technically a last gen game but it still is great. I don't think I'll play through it but I already played 2 hours and time flew by. 

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

You probably won't like GTA VI if the beginning of GTA V was too over the top for you.

Not exactly the beginning it's when Franklin meets his buddy to repossess vehicles. The dialogue between them is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I agree. RDR2 has absolutely incredible dialogue so I have hope!

Yeah, that’s kind of what I’m thinking, also a vibe I get from the trailer when it’s showing the two main people the little we see. Dan Houser is gone and was responsible for RDR2’s writing…but also all the GTA games, so not sure if that matters. I think they keep the general tone, but a little less serious, and keep the super wacky stuff to side missions.

48 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah, that’s kind of what I’m thinking, also a vibe I get from the trailer when it’s showing the two main people the little we see. Dan Houser is gone and was responsible for RDR2’s writing…but also all the GTA games, so not sure if that matters. I think they keep the general tone, but a little less serious, and keep the super wacky stuff to side missions.

I didn't know they lost the main writer. Ouch. GTA6 is too far away to even think about. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Not exactly the beginning it's when Franklin meets his buddy to repossess vehicles. The dialogue between them is ridiculous. 

I think its very realistic for 2 gang members. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I agree. RDR2 has absolutely incredible dialogue so I have hope!

Yippee Kia giddy up. 

26 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Way over the top.

Huh? That's LITERALLY how dudes from that background talk to each other. I mean have you ever been to South Central LA? This is actually ARTICULATE compared to how real bangers talk. In fact they have their own language and when they're speaking in code, they can have a whole conversation and you an I would have no idea what they're talking about. This was TAME compared to how actual bangers really talk to eahc other.

• True 1

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Huh? That's LITERALLY how dudes from that background talk to each other. I mean have you ever been to South Central LA? This is actually ARTICULATE compared to how real bangers talk. In fact they have their own language and when they're speaking in code, they can have a whole conversation and you an I would have no idea what they're talking about. This was TAME compared to how actual bangers really talk to eahc other.

Well like I said above, I figured Rockstar did their homework and it was accurate. It's just not dialogue I appreciate and I don't enjoy hearing it. I never was in California or spoke to any "banger" so I'm completely ignorant to it.

I just hope GTA 6 is more my style in dialogue interactions. 

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Well one of the characters is Latina so I'm guessing she's going to speak with.a South Flordian Puerto Rican/Cuban dialect... would that be more your style?

Absolutely. I don't care about the dialect but more in what is actually said. I bet her and Jason have normal conversations in the game. It's going to be really refreshing to play as a female. 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

In fact they have their own language and when they're speaking in code, they can have a whole conversation and you an I would have no idea what they're talking about. 

That reminds me of trying to do a Destiny 2 raid with a group and couldn't understand what they were talking about. I decided to never try that again!

So I started Spider-Man 2 last night and got a couple hours in and it’s fun as expected. Sucks I gotta work three in a row, but I’ll definitely be playing this weekend. 

Also just decided to play New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe on Switch. Just been in Nintendo mood and I haven’t really played this since I beat the WiiU original. 

Since I’m working tonight, I might play a bit of Super Mario World on my Pocket when these patients finally go to sleep. 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

27 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So I started Spider-Man 2 last night and got a couple hours in and it’s fun as expected. Sucks I gotta work three in a row, but I’ll definitely be playing this weekend. 

Also just decided to play New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe on Switch. Just been in Nintendo mood and I haven’t really played this since I beat the WiiU original. 

Since I’m working tonight, I might play a bit of Super Mario World on my Pocket when these patients finally go to sleep. 

I almost completed New Mario Bros. U on Wii U but couldn't finish the last two maps, if I remember correctly.

11 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

10 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I almost completed New Mario Bros. U on Wii U but couldn't finish the last two maps, if I remember correctly.

Working on the last boss of NSMB Wii right now, I'll be done with it soon.  I've heard Deluxe is better?

17 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Working on the last boss of NSMB Wii right now, I'll be done with it soon.  I've heard Deluxe is better?

I’ll be real, I’ve beaten every one of the games in the NSMB series, but it’s been so long, I can’t recall enough to rank them. I played them as they released. 

I certainly haven’t disliked any of them and as best I can recall, NSMB2 on 3DS is probably the weakest.