Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Commissar SFLUFAN

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, ThreePi said:

Where is the Remastered Collection and 6? Even though I know this is a new main character and separate from the original lineage, I still want to get through 4, 5, and 6 before I start this.

That’s a lot of Yakuza to get through before 7. 

40 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

That’s a lot of Yakuza to get through before 7. 

Yeah it is. And even when I tell myself I'm just going to mainline the story I still end up spending 5 hours playing the golf minigame in 3.

Rise like a dragon.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon launches in the West later this year on Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, PlayStation 4, and Steam!

Become Ichiban Kasuga, a low-ranking yakuza grunt left on the brink of death by the man he trusted most. Take up your legendary bat and get ready to crack some underworld skulls in dynamic RPG combat set against the backdrop of modern-day Japan.

https://likeadragon.sega.com/home.html

On 5/5/2020 at 4:33 PM, ThreePi said:

Yeah it is. And even when I tell myself I'm just going to mainline the story I still end up spending 5 hours playing the golf minigame in 3.

I'd buy a cabaret Yakuza game.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:38 AM, Remarkableriots said:

Probably not for a long time since it's mainly a Sony series first.

Well, the announcement appears to make it look like anything but a Sony-first series! Both gens of Xbox, two PC Stores and just a PS4 version. Are times-a-changin'?

3 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

No release date yet. I was really hoping for a stealth drop during this pandemic. 

I thought it was mentioned it would be a Series X launch game, presumably same release date on Steam. Not sure if there will be an earlier PS4 release.

• 1 month later...

7 things we learned from 15 minutes of Yakuza: Like a Dragon gameplay (PC Gamer)

Yakuza: Like a Dragon came out in Japan in January, but we're still waiting for it—impatiently—to make it over to the West in English. I'm not sure if this gameplay video from IGN's Summer Gaming Expo makes it easier or harder, but it is at least full of very good Yakuza tidbits.

• 1 month later...

Not sure I'm digging the dubs but I'm just too use to the japanese VOs for the series. Yet anything that helps improve marketing on the series is great.

Yet still not a fan that gameplay trailers keep beating around the bush that the game is an RPG and not a brawler like past games. I'm afraid that is going to blow up on them when it comes out. :s

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Pikachu changed the title to Yakuza: Like a Dragon (10 November 2020) - Information Thread
9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

No announcement for PS5, I guess they didn't want to go with a free upgrade. Sad.

Sad that you are wrong. Please punish yourself

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Sad that you are wrong. Please punish yourself

Nice... I sadly will probably wait till the PS5 update is out before buying as it will probably be cheaper by then. Still making my way through judgement (this one feels slower to start than Y6 was).

2 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Nice... I sadly will probably wait till the PS5 update is out before buying as it will probably be cheaper by then. Still making my way through judgement (this one feels slower to start than Y6 was).

It definitely is. I think it lacks some of the humor in Yakuza games that help break up the seriousness of the story.