Halo Infinite creative director departs 343 Industries amid "leadership shakeup" (Jason Schreier/Kotaku)

Commissar SFLUFAN

Halo Infinite Creative Director Leaves Company

Tim Longo, creative director for the upcoming Halo Infinite, left developer 343 Industries this week, Kotaku has learned. It’s part of a leadership shakeup that arrives late in the development of the next Halo game, which is scheduled for release in fall 2020.

Here's hoping that his reasons for departure were more personal than creative/political.  Having just played through all of the campaigns and been reminded of how special these games were, I'd love to get another awe-inspiring experience in the mold of the first several entries.  But that E3 trailer really didn't do much to generate excitement.  I guess we'll know more next year?

Considering his only work on Halo is Halo 5 his track record isn't great. Looks like his previous work was Lucasarts games and the tomb raider reboot. Not a terrible background, but I think Halo's development head (bonnie ross, frank o'connor, and previously Josh Holmes) have a lot more to do with why Halo is where its at.

Some of their lower tiered employees are actually really cool devs, just get stuck on a crappy game and try to make the best they can. Like Tom French or Brad Welch.

Doesn't look like Mary Olsen has much of a track record according to Linkedin. Looks like she joined Microsoft as a sound producer and kind of moved around till she ended up at 343i doing the same thing.

2 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Here's hoping that his reasons for departure were more personal than creative/political.  Having just played through all of the campaigns and been reminded of how special these games were, I'd love to get another awe-inspiring experience in the mold of the first several entries.  But that E3 trailer really didn't do much to generate excitement.  I guess we'll know more next year?

Well he was moved out of the director role I’m sure that didn’t sit well with him

Considering the game apparently only has one year to go before launch, I don't think his departure will affect much, for better or worse. At least on the single player side of things. Multiplayer could still be changed up, but that was never Halo's problem.

Oh, and I'm totally expecting Halo Infinite to be a GaaS like Destiny or the Division.