Active shooter at a California food festival

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Then how do you explain other countries having similar stats for mental health, the same access to the internet and similar social problems but not having the same levels of gun violence or mass shootings? How do you explain the gun lobby always suppressing stats that show the likelihood of a person being injured by a gun GOES UP when a gun is in the home? If we're going to talk about guns let's talk about them. But don't say that they aren't part of the problem. The easy access to them, lack of regulation and training and the cavalier attitude that modern gun lobby has fostered in today's day and age is the problem in this country.

Those countries, even when they effectively had no gun control laws, didn't have American levels of gun violence.  On the other hand, despite strong gun control laws, most of Latin America has gun violence that equals or far exceeds that of the United States.  

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Those countries, even when they effectively had no gun control laws, didn't have American levels of gun violence.  On the other hand, despite strong gun control laws, most of Latin America has gun violence that equals or far exceeds that of the United States.  

Those countries have no gun laws... they also don't have a lot of GUNS. Latin American countries have a ton of guns... Why? Because they import them from US illegally. It's about access. Drugs come in from South of the Border, guns go out. It's still about the guns.

13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Those countries have no gun laws... they also don't have a lot of GUNS. Latin American countries have a ton of guns... Why? Because they import them from US illegally. It's about access. Drugs come in from South of the Border, guns go out. It's still about the guns.

Latin America has lots of gun laws.  They aren't enforced for a number of reasons. 

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is exactly right. These "illegal" guns we have in the states arent imported from elsewhere (we are actually a huge exporter of illegal firearms to other countries). The vast majority of them were legal at some point. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. Where was the breakdown? Where did our laws fail and why isnt the last legal owner held accountable? 

Close the gun show loopholes, crackdown on straw purchases and make the penalties severe. make it mandatory to report lost/stolen guns to police (penalties if you dont). regiser all guns (this is the big fuck you from gun-owners - registry = confiscation in their minds). 

the problem is the ammosexuals refuse to even have a conversation on this. most liberals are OK with gun ownership, but are just looking for a revamp of the laws and better policing of them. there needs to be a compromise on the laws and it needs to be regulated at a federal level so the rules apply across the board. 

Im a gun owner but realize the need for this in our country. This shit has gotten out of hand. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, mclumber1 said:

Latin America has lots of gun laws.  They aren't enforced for a number of reasons. 

I wasn't referring to Latin America... I was talking about the European Countries. So let me clarify my point in response to your post. You stated that European countries don't have a lot of gun laws but also don't have a lot of gun violence while Latin American countries have a lot of gun laws but also have a lot of gun violence. MY point is that the determining variable is the access to guns and the proximity to the United States. Europe may not have a lot of gun laws, but most of those western first world countries don't also have easy access to guns. It's not that easy to get a gun in Britain or France or Japan. They also don't have a "Gun Culture". Latin American countries have easy access to guns due to their proximity to the United States. Their gun supply comes from US. Most of these countries South of the border have a criminal element fueled by US... our money and guns for THEIR drugs. Again... the GUNS are the problem.

34 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is Apoc I'm talking to? We know that for sure?

On 6/16/2019 at 4:34 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Eh, can't confirm it, but a lot of people think so. I didn't at first, but the more he talks, the more I think he is. And with the way apoc left here, he'd never admit it if it were him. He just pretends those types of posts don't exist when people mention it.

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

You’re right, guns aren’t the problem. I’m sure the shooter in Vegas would have killed just as many people if he was swinging a knife from his hotel room towards that concert.

swimming pools kill people too.

maybe if he had a swimming pool, he couldve drown them from his hotel room. 

2 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

You’re right, guns aren’t the problem. I’m sure the shooter in Vegas would have killed just as many people if he was swinging a knife from his hotel room towards that concert.

I mean, if he put an 8x scope on in then probably. 

17 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Well that's ridiculous.  But he could hav killed just as many, if not more with a truck - like what happened in Nice France a few years ago.  It's a wonder something like that hasn't happened more in places like Las Vegas with so much foot traffic on the streets.

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Non-enforced laws aren’t laws anymore.

Well that's ridiculous.  But he could hav killed just as many, if not more with a truck - like what happened in Nice France a few years ago.  It's a wonder something like that hasn't happened more in places like Las Vegas with so much foot traffic on the streets.

Jesus Christ man do we have an epidemic of mass truck killings? Even in places where guns aren't available do you see a bunch of folks running over crowds with trucks? Also in order to operate a truck legally you have to have a license... you have to have insurance and you have to have your truck registered. Gun rights folks fight against ALL of these things regarding guns. When we start having epidemics of truck violence then we can have this conversation. But that isn't happening ANYWHERE in the world.

• Like 1

With every other Industry, if murder happens, regulations increase. EXCEPT the gun industry. 

Why? Most regulations for other industries, such as passenger planes or automobile purchases, won't affect those industries' sales, as those industries are more or less necessities. Gun ownerships is a luxury. No one NEEDS a gun, outside of the military/MP. You increase regulations on guns, it has a direct impact on that industry's bottom line, and the NRA can't have that. Profit>>>>>>human lives. At all costs. 

Yay capitalism. 

Well now THAT is ridiculous, he couldn’t drive a truck from his hotel room. How would he get the truck in his hotel room in the first place?