Pro-Trump Republican aiming to unseat Ilhan Omar charged with felony theft

Danielle Stella, reported to support baseless QAnon conspiracy theory, held twice this year over alleged shoplifting

When the GOP sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, finaljedi said:

So is there like a serious one running and this is just the interesting stuff?

Ilhan won with 78% of the vote, why would they bother wasting resources running a "serious" candidate against her, assuming they could even find one willing to do it? 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Ilhan won with 78% of the vote, why would they bother wasting resources running a "serious" candidate against her, assuming they could even find one willing to do it?  

I get that, but I feel like this is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.  There isn't a township trustee or clerk of courts that wants to hang a thing on their wall where they ran for Congress or something?

Stella is accused of stealing 279 items valued at $2,327.97 from a Target store in Edina, to the south-west of Minneapolis, on 8 January this year. She was arrested for the alleged theft after security staff called the police.

How does that work?  Where do you keep 279 items?  What were the items to only average like $8 a piece?  All of this controversy surrounding Omar and the best they have is a nutcase with priors involving the theft of cat food and fleeing the police while drunk?

1 hour ago, finaljedi said:

I get that, but I feel like this is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.  There isn't a township trustee or clerk of courts that wants to hang a thing on their wall where they ran for Congress or something?

I'm guessing she wasn't recruited but rather just took advantage of a vacuum from the state party not bothering to recruit anyone, like with that neo-Nazi who got onto the GOP ticket in Illinois. 

1 hour ago, finaljedi said:

Stella is accused of stealing 279 items valued at $2,327.97 from a Target store in Edina, to the south-west of Minneapolis, on 8 January this year. She was arrested for the alleged theft after security staff called the police.

How does that work?  Where do you keep 279 items?  What were the items to only average like $8 a piece?  All of this controversy surrounding Omar and the best they have is a nutcase with priors involving the theft of cat food and fleeing the police while drunk?

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm guessing she wasn't recruited but rather just took advantage of a vacuum from the state party not bothering to recruit anyone, like with that neo-Nazi who got onto the GOP ticket in Illinois. 

There are two Republicans running so far, IIRC. 

Her most serious opponent would be a possible primary opponent, imo.

11 hours ago, finaljedi said:

You keep 279 items in a cart, I’d assume. As much gets stolen in plain sight with carts as does under coats.

4 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

You keep 279 items in a cart, I’d assume. As much gets stolen in plain sight with carts as does under coats.

I think so. I haven't read a thing about what she stole (just cuz I don't care what exactly she stole :p), but if it's like my days in retail, it likely is probably just a bunch of small but expensive items that she tried to walk out with nonchalantly. 

• 2 months later...