One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows - Information Thread (Launching 02/28/20)

Pikachu

The first ever console game based on ONE PUNCH MAN is coming to PS4, X1, and PC! Get ready to play 3v3 battles as Saitama, Genos, Hellish Blizzard, Speed-o'-Sound Sonic, Mumen Rider and more in ONE PUNCH MAN: A HERO NOBODY KNOWS!

59 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Another anime fighting game ... 

... yay ... 

... such a wildly creative use of a license ... 

nope. pass. 

You know, I'll actually back you up on this one. One Punch Man is a great series and I think you could make an amazing game that took place in the One Punch Man world. It would basically be a build your own hero and work your way through the hero rankings. The twist is that the powers you choose from could range from super strength to tank top love to an extreme love of shell fish.

17 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

*sigh*

Remove the extra vowels and it says "fetch quests"

FeelsWeirdMan

Yea... I got that, but I don’t know what you’re talking about in reference to my comment: it’s a fighting game, Saitama is one of the playable fighters, Saitama is basically invincible and ends every fight in a single hit.

Saitama should be a playable character with infinite health and you simply hit a single button to win the match.

My kids are going to flip out when the learn about this. Is this a full $60 retail game or something smaller?

• 1 month later...

Okay, so apparently Saitama “arrives late” and you have to play (survive) as some weak-ass hero like Mumen Rider for 2+ minutes, then it switches to Saitama and you’re basically invincible and win in a single hit.

I assume this means that Saitama is a package deal with another hero (Mumen Rider or perhaps otherwise). So, in mplayer, if someone “chooses Saitama” you have to try to beat them within a certain timeframe or you’re screwed..?

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2019 at 10:13 PM, Xbob42 said:

This would've been so good as a semi-open-world action adventure game where you can play as all kinds of different weird ass heroes.

Instead it's more trash for the dumpster.

That would be cool. 

Not sure how a single player action adventure would work as Saitama.

This reminds me I also want a new Sailor Moon game. Comon Bandai Namco make it happen.

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

That would be cool. 

Not sure how a single player action adventure would work as Saitama.

It could work if you didn’t play as Saitama, but as a new member of The Hero Association. You start as a C-Rank hero and work your way up to S-Class. The world of OPM is actually pretty awesome.

17 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It could work if you didn’t play as Saitama, but as a new member of The Hero Association. You start as a C-Rank hero and work your way up to S-Class. The world of OPM is actually pretty awesome.

Exactly. The best part would be the character creator. It would be like City of Heroes only with random ass powers. One Punch Man has heroes like Double Hole who fights with his nostrils or Eyelashes that uses a pair of eyelash curlers as a weapon. That could be a lot of fun.

• 1 month later...