Elden Ring - Information Thread, update (05/21): Shadow of the Erdtree "Story Trailer"

16 minutes ago, Dimden said:

Margit. You can't miss him as he quite literally blocks the main entrance into Stormveil Castle.

The Margit battle took me like 2-3 hours. I went with Confessor class so I put a lot of my points into faith. I had 13 in Vigor and 11 Endurance. Got the Bloodhounds Fang and my dex was too low to use it so I kept putting points into dex. So by the time I got to Margit I wasn't high enough in Dex to use the Bloodhounds Fang and too weak to really beat him with pure damage with my current Lordworns Greatsword but I had dropped like 5k in runes so wasn't going to give those up. Literally had to take my time and do perfect dodges to beat him. Now that I beat him I put more points into my Vigor and Strength :lol: I need to respec my character so bad:(

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I really need to make a second character and try Margit without being overpowered. Killing him in a few hits without being touched was disappointing.

I barely beat him at level 30. He was extremely tough for me. You must be really good at this game.

8 minutes ago, The def star said:

So is that room in at the round table where you fall off the balcony a PVP room? I saw a lot of blood stains down there and when I hit the floor it said I was being invaded. The invader literally killed me in two hits :|

That's a scripted invasion. It was pretty hard. 

10 minutes ago, The def star said:

So is that room in at the round table where you fall off the balcony a PVP room? I saw a lot of blood stains down there and when I hit the floor it said I was being invaded. The invader literally killed me in two hits :|

Unless you're playing co-op every invasion in the game will be an AI.

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

What sword do you have and where did you get it?

Bloodhound Fang+5, which is what I used to kill Margit and what I'm still using to progress, despite it being several hours and many levels later. It's no longer as OP as it was, now it's just real good. I should go upgrade it some more. It has a really cool left trigger attack where you do a wide swing and then leap back, and if you follow it up with a right trigger attack, you teleport forward (and are invincible/invisible during the teleport) and land another big hit.

I got it from one of the Evergaols, I can't remember which one, but a Google search of "Bloodhound Fang" will probably lead you to the right one. I just happened upon this Evergaol really early on when I was still naked with the starter club, so while it's pretty OP I like to think I earned a little OP-ness for a while by doing that fight naked lol.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Bloodhound Fang+5, which is what I used to kill Margit and what I'm still using to progress, despite it being several hours and many levels later. It's no longer as OP as it was, now it's just real good. I should go upgrade it some more. It has a really cool left trigger attack where you do a wide swing and then leap back, and if you follow it up with a right trigger attack, you teleport forward (and are invincible/invisible during the teleport) and land another big hit.

I got it from one of the Evergaols, I can't remember which one, but a Google search of "Bloodhound Fang" will probably lead you to the right one. I just happened upon this Evergaol really early on when I was still naked with the starter club, so while it's pretty OP I like to think I earned a little OP-ness for a while by doing that fight naked lol.

Forlorn hound evergaol I believe. By Southern Agheel lake grace point. He wasn't too hard. 

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Forlorn hound evergaol I believe. By Southern Agheel lake grace point. He wasn't too hard. 

He was real rough wearing a loin cloth and swinging a club at level 5-7ish, but yeah if you've got decent gear or learn him faster than me you can have a very nice sword pretty quickly!

12 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

That's a scripted invasion. It was pretty hard. 

That is some BS scripted invasion. Lost 6k in runes down there.

14 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

For the record MELINA took me to the roundtable hold before I beat the first boss. I think she just appears several times each time you rest at a site of grace.

She took me to the round table around level 24 well before I fought Margit. I was stuck in the crystal tunnels. I told myself I wasn't going to leave until I murdered each and everyone of those centipede bastards. Took me almost 2 hours but I did it! Then the reward was leaving with Melina once I found the site of grace.

Whoops I lied, found a screenshot I took (had to manually adjust it because I took it in HDR and HDR screenshots look super washed out when saved in the wrong format... still looks bad but not almost grayscale!) and I wasn't naked! I had gloves on!

pTo313M.jpg

• Sicko 1

1 hour ago, The def star said:

I told myself I wasn't going to leave until I murdered each and everyone of those centipede bastards. 

Man, what a pack of utter assholes those things are! PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW

That being said, that cave ruled for smithing stones :cool:

So i went to the landmass south of Limgrave and I am so overleveled. Enemies die in 1-2 hits. I kinda wish the game would guide me better a bit. I went to Stormveil and right to the next Great Rune area so I missed that pennisula place. 

Found my claymore there but I will stay loyal to the Halberd. Gonna go explore the underground areas for more smithing stones. I need I think 5 or 4 more lvl 4 stones and need to start stocking up on lvl 5 stones.

58 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

So i went to the landmass south of Limgrave and I am so overleveled. Enemies die in 1-2 hits. I kinda wish the game would guide me better a bit. I went to Stormveil and right to the next Great Rune area so I missed that pennisula place. 

Found my claymore there but I will stay loyal to the Halberd. Gonna go explore the underground areas for more smithing stones. I need I think 5 or 4 more lvl 4 stones and need to start stocking up on lvl 5 stones.

That's why I wish there was some light level scaling. Nothing crazy, but I never want to enter a new area and 1-shot or 2-shot everything. An area I've been to before? Absolutely. But never a new one.

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

Well, everything in Limgrave is around the same level. Weeping peninsula is technically part of limgrave. It really isn't a new zone so much as part of the same zone that you haven't been to yet. That said, it really feels like the Weeping Peninsula was intended to be done before Margit. There is an optional boss there, that is important enough to get an achievement, yet you can nearly stun lock it.  

16 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Well, everything in Limgrave is around the same level. Weeping peninsula is technically part of limgrave. It really isn't a new zone so much as part of the same zone that you haven't been to yet. That said, it really feels like the Weeping Peninsula was intended to be done before Margit. There is an optional boss there, that is important enough to get an achievement, yet you can nearly stun lock it.  

Is it in the Castle?

53 minutes ago, Bacon said:

He was a fun boss too. I cut him down hard with the special ability that comes with Bloodhound fang, and honestly it was one of the coolest boss finishes I've ever had. Upward slice into a backflip as the enemy fades away. So cool.

I also got a weird bug. The trolls chained to the carriage just had chains, no carriage, and I had to kill them off their leashes. There was no carriage at all.

24 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

The boss in Morne Castle felt like a step up from some of the field bosses, but definitely didn’t feel like a “Great Enemy” or however it’s classified. 

That's another one I just kind of destroyed in a few hits with the Bloodhound Sword. Was nowhere near what I'd classify as a "great enemy" even if I was using a stick that did 1 HP, but I understand it's meant to be like the weakest of the great enemies by far. Still, I was surprised when those words popped up because it really seemed like a cinch.

5 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:
iyAwVz2.jpg?fbplay
IMGUR.COM

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

missing carriage, they still have their chains on though.

Haven't run into that yet. I get crashes and I randomly die at times when I try to get on torrent. Has happened twice that one.

Also the struggle want to take a nap but Elden Ring. 

6 hours ago, Dimden said:

If you want to farm and actually make a decent number of runes, go to this area and unlock the second grace. There's a loop you can take with multiple groups of enemies that give you 1.5 to 2K runes per kill. If you have an ash of war, spell or legendary weapon that can kill a bunch of enemies in a single massive aoe blast, it should only take you about 45 seconds per run and you can get around 30K runes each time.

Screenshot_20220301-121822.png

I can't find this on my map. Can you get a better image?

40 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

missing carriage, they still have their chains on though.

I just think it broke free. 

23 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I get crashes

Same. Aside from day 1, I usually crash like within the first hour of playing and then not again. Also, I have had a lot of visual and lighting bugs. Like, the wet effect turning models a golden yellow. I've the the lighting put this translucent white effect over my whole screen. I've had wall look like they are covered in jizz when I look at them but turn to normal when my camera isn't facing them directly. 

VemIGgt.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I just think it broke free. 

Same. Aside from day 1, I usually crash like within the first hour of playing and then not again. Also, I have had a lot of visual and lighting bugs. Like, the wet effect turning models a golden yellow. I've the the lighting put this translucent white effect over my whole screen. I've had wall look like they are covered in jizz when I look at them but turn to normal when my camera isn't facing them directly. 

VemIGgt.jpg

No, the carriage was nowhere to be found.