SEGA to focus more on Overseas and PC Markets (Persona 5 coming to PC?)

Keyser_Soze

spacer.png

max

Sega recently published its financial report for the year ending March 2019, and it's not been a great one. While overall sales increased, profits declined for the second consecutive year, with digital games and its slot machines seeing the worst results. In light of this, Sega is refocusing its efforts abroad, particularly when it comes to packaged games and ports.

On the packaged games front, which includes Yakuza 6 and Football Manager 2019, sales decreased but profits rose thanks to repeat sales in North America and Europe. Sega expanded its efforts abroad and believes that, along with the higher quality of its games, also contributed to a successful year, at least for this part of the business.

Sega's plan for the next year is to focus on what's already working for the publisher. It expects the domestic Japanese market to stagnate, so it will be looking to the rest of Asia, North America and Europe when it comes to mobile, PC and packaged games.

Expect to see more Japanese console games ported over to PC, too. Sega's plan is to put more of its series on more platforms, including Yakuza and Persona.

https://www.pcgamer.com/sega-wants-to-focus-more-on-overseas-and-pc-markets/

Sega should really be porting over to anything that will have it. The xbox market might not be as big as Sony or Nintendo's, but its not small either.

The only thing i can think is that Sony's money-hatting Persona and Yakuza.

Also, yay for slot machine sales declining. Enough of that shit.

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

HEY NINTENDO FANS YOU WANT P5?

"YEAH!"

ALRIGHT HERE YOU GO!

I don't understand Japanese companies. The rest of the world is trying to get their games on every system possible. While Atlus is like hey Nintendo fans we saw you loved Fire Emblem and Zelda Warriors how about Persona 5 Warriors?

33 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I don't understand Japanese companies. The rest of the world is trying to get their games on every system possible. While Atlus is like hey Nintendo fans we saw you loved Fire Emblem and Zelda Warriors how about Persona 5 Warriors?

Well I think Nintendo has a policy where they can't release the exact game game, it needs to have something extra (like Zelda in Skyrim) so SEGA was like here's Persona 5 but... a musou game instead of RPG!

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I guess Sony signed a lifetime console exclusive contract to keep Yakuza and Persona on PlayStation which also explains why Switch doesn’t get the version people want

That tweet is already wrong, though.

1 minute ago, Raggit said:

That tweet is already wrong, though.

We have no proof of an exclusivity deal but it could be possible. 

It sucks though because that would mean no portable Persona beyond a hypothetical pc port and GPD.