Retro Games Pickup

Rodimus

12 hours ago, Rodimus said:

When you open it up see if it says 1 chip on the board.

Shoulda bought a SNES mini when it popped up locally, I didn't want to mod for RGB though so I let someone else get their hands on it. Hopefully one of my 2 SNES is 1chip and I can either fix my broken one or the new one is 1chip. 

• 1 month later...

Well, someone's been working to keep the retro market going. :duckhuntdog:

Sadly my only recent purchases were Theme park for saturn and I just recently bought a Metal Slug 1 MVS cart. Really itching to figure out what last big purchase I should make with my leftover birthday money (PC-Engine CD, Sega CD or more Neo Geo stuff). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two retro things that arrived in the mail this week (the remainder of my bday funds, damn shipping cost me an arm and a leg).

spacer.png

The Metal Slug 1 is real (checked the boards against known good boards) and the PCB is Tekken 3. I got an ok deal on both. Probably going to get the label replaced on the MS.

• Like 1

Just now, chakoo said:

Do you have XF for psp?

Nah, didn't hear much good about it and I'm not much into PSP collecting. I liquidated a lot of that collection and got the games I liked digitally for Vita.

Oh, opposite of pickups, husband sold our copy of King of Monsters 2 for MVS. That game was shiiiiiit.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Nah, didn't hear much good about it and I'm not much into PSP collecting. I liquidated a lot of that collection and got the games I liked digitally for Vita.

Oh, opposite of pickups, husband sold our copy of King of Monsters 2 for MVS. That game was shiiiiiit.

I personally like it. I think reviewers hated that it was a SRPG and the difficulty spikes are harsh but the game had great music and visuals. It's one of the few PSP games I kept when I slimmed down.

I think because I never played it in the arcades but I don't really think much for KoM 2. I probably will still buy it one day for Neo CD. I have a soft spot for the first one since It was common to find it in a MVS machine growing up so I did play it from time to time. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Some nice pickups there! Is discworld any good? Im a big fan of the books, and never knew there was a game. 

The games are pretty solid point and click adventure titles. They feature Eric Idle and other greats (Tony Robinson springs to mind) as the voice actors. Overall they are good solid entries into the Discworld universe. 

1 hour ago, Rodimus said:

I grew up with a max. I still have it. I got used to the dpad and I enjoyed the turbo buttons.

I had one as a kid, I remember getting it for christmas and proceeding to beat the crap out of Commando with it. Seen this one was CIB and had to get it for memories sake. 

• 4 weeks later...

I went on a retro spree the past week and I'm waiting to post the bulk of it when I get everything in. But this is my birthday present my the husband. I wasn't even aware this game existed a week ago and I really like Kirby. Apparently, it's quite rare. Can't hardly find any copies for sale, not even looking at completed listings on eBay. So he splurged a bit for this one. And had to have it CIB, because all our SFC games are CIB.

Kirby's Super Star Stacker:

spacer.png

• Like 2

Nice birthday get and happy belated birthday (specially with all the crap you've probably been going through at work). 

I actually didn't know there was a snes version of the game. The GB version i think is pretty common if you want to pair it up.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Nice birthday get and happy belated birthday (specially with all the crap you've probably been going through at work). 

I actually didn't know there was a snes version of the game. The GB version i think is pretty common if you want to pair it up.

spacer.png

Oh, it's actually two weeks away, we just never wait to give each other our presents. :lol:

I actually have a CIB copy of the GB game on the way, though it's the Japan version, since that one only cost $15. :p Just placed that order last week, so it'll be a bit before that stuff arrives.

• 2 weeks later...