Retro Games Pickup

Rodimus

39 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Nice gets there @IdeaOfEvil. I want to pick up the ps1 digital in the future, just need to get a nicer ps1 to install one into (mine is pretty beat up and the parallel port is dead).

I use Dragonhoardsgaming to do my installs, and that guy can fix anything - he can customize your console into anything. And usually get full service stuff done to replace psu caps and wires (etc) so what have might be okay to use.

But for these new kits, he gets super booked up for a while with everyone looking for an install. So if you've got the right console for the kit (it only works on 5-series models right now), I'd contact him and ask what he can do with what you have. Even if you don't have a kit (first batches sold out in minutes last week, and the second batch isn't coming till late October), I'd still contact him just to ask questions =) He's a super friendly guy

DRAGONSHOARDGAMING.COM

We specialize in consoles of the past! You name it we’ve got you covered for all your retro gaming needs. NES, SNES, Sega, Atari, etc..

12 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

I use Dragonhoardsgaming to do my installs, and that guy can fix anything - he can customize your console into anything. And usually get full service stuff done to replace psu caps and wires (etc) so what have might be okay to use.

But for these new kits, he gets super booked up for a while with everyone looking for an install. So if you've got the right console for the kit (it only works on 5-series models right now), I'd contact him and ask what he can do with what you have. Even if you don't have a kit (first batches sold out in minutes last week, and the second batch isn't coming till late October), I'd still contact him just to ask questions =) He's a super friendly guy

DRAGONSHOARDGAMING.COM

We specialize in consoles of the past! You name it we’ve got you covered for all your retro gaming needs. NES, SNES, Sega, Atari, etc..

Thanks for the heads up but I can solder things. :) So my issues are more just getting in on a future batch (not in a rush) and getting a better ps1 to install it into. 

Nice Gets, I really love the Namcot famicom boxes. I've got two of them and I've always been tempted to get the rest. Also such a shame Blood of Bahamut never got localized.

Also nice pickup as well @Littleronin, Any plans on getting the other Millenium collection sets? Or do you already have them all. :p 

Sadly I probably won't be getting any more retro stuff this year. I'm eyeing too many faux retro items this year (G&W Mario, Sega Mini Astro & the Aleste collection LE that includes the Game Gear Micro).

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 8:24 PM, chakoo said:

Congrats! Something I always kick myself over is thinking about how many times in the past I would see a game going for pretty cheap and passed over it only to find out years later it's stupidly rare now. :/ I remember doing that for both RoR and Eternal Poison like 10 years ago. :|

This isn't a new get but a correction to my previous story. I was pretty certain I didn't pick up Eternal Poison because I more vividly remembered seeing it at an HVM in Toronto for many weeks and just wasn't sure to pull the trigger because reviews were mixed even though it was cheap and an Atlus game. I had a small suspicion I was remembering wrong and did end up picking it up one day and forgot about it. Well I was in the storage locker today to take my PSP games back down and decided to take a look at my PS2 games. 

So I really did end up buy it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess I might give this a play soon because I know I didn't play it after I got it.

spacer.png

• Like 1

So probably not the best place to post but part of the agreement with the wife to get a PS5 is I need to clear out a few games. Since this is more a case of showing effort to free up space than for $$$ reasons I'm thinking of letting a few of my more expensive games go that I probably won't play again. So I listed a few below I'm looking to offload and if anybody has interest let me know and we can work out a deal that is a bit cheaper than ebay rates.

Eternal Poison (PS2)

Pandora's Tower (Wii) Sealed

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Wii U) Sealed

Class of Heroes 2G (PS3) Sealed

Class of Heroes 2 (PSP) Sealed w/ Cert card

Solatorobo (DS) Complete but not sealed

On 11/10/2020 at 1:06 PM, BloodyHell said:

What model is this? It’s definitely the nicest ive seen!

He did do some work on it. Replaced the speakers, took it apart and cleaned it thoroughly(because Japanese arcade allow smoking) and touched up the paint in areas.

But all in all, far less work than he had to do with our Neo Geo cab.

9 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Really wanted an Astro City, but those were already spoken for. These things are hard to get. But we're happy with this one.

Astro City are pretty cool, I find all sega candy cabs to great. If I were ever allowed to get another (candy cab) I still want a stand-up Sega Net City or even specifically one of the racing modified ones (crazy taxi) to use for installing/playing racing games. 

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

I've been a bit lazy but I have 1 last retro get for the year. I picked up the GB Ghostbusters 2 (Jpn Ver) at a game shop a month back. It was there, not too expensive and I knew HAL worked on it so I thought why not.

On 12/19/2020 at 4:46 PM, BloodyHell said:

I would love ti find an old man Cruising USA arcade. Also, an original contra cabinet.

How much cash are you willing to spend? You can probably find a good deal if you hang around Arcade Exchange on facebook. Sadly now is probably a good time to look due to arcades/amusement locations being liquidated in auctions (they get posted pretty frequently this year).

?media_id=499649376898165
WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

This page has been created to help bring together the hundreds of collectors and enthusiasts from around the world into one place. Please post your for sale or wanted ads for all coin operated...

• 4 weeks later...

Well my friend informed me that that Satiator for the Sega Saturn is out for sale. This is the plug n play device for the Sega Saturn that connects in the back via MPEG expansion slot and bypasses the optical drive to load games. I don't have it and not sure when I will but I will share more when it arrives. this is the project from Professor Abasive.

WWW.SATIATOR.NET

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got some more PSP games recently. :D I didn't need to buy these physically because I already had the games digitally from JPSN from a digital sale but since I own most of the yakuza series physically I've been wanting to pick these up. I also had some shipping coupons from buyee to use up so after shipping I paid around $22 canadian total for the two. The vita in the shot is just to show my digital copies, I've actually been playing both a lot because 1 got an english patch which I play on my Vita tv and 2 I just play in japanese on my vita.

spacer.png

I also recently bought a new Neo Geo game but it will be a few weeks before I have that one. :)

This came fast. After wanting this for about a year my most expensive Neo Geo AES cart to date....

spacer.png spacer.png

and by expensive I mean the most i've paid for a NG cart so far but this was still cheap by Neo Geo Standards. :p I also can't remember if I might have paid slightly more for one of my Neo CD games. Auction was 9,710Yen & Shipping was 3,247Yen, so about $150 Cad / $119 US. 

I have the game for Neo CD and it's not my favorite of the Fatal Fury games but it's at a point in the series where I actually enjoy it (Not a fan of FF Special). Other than Mark of the wolves, I'd say my favorite in the series is Real Bout Fatal Fury (the 1st one). Yet I didn't really feel like spending $200+ when I'm still ok with the CD version. I kind of suck at FF3 just enough that trying to get better on the Neo CD version is kind of annoying with the loading times, lol. So I'm kind of excited to dig into this game.

This is probably the last AES game I buy for a while unless I cave and pick up a cheap KoF 96, 97 or Samurai Shodown 3. I've seen all 3 go for under/at 10,000Yen. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Raggit said:

What counts as retro? Do DS and GBA games count?

Always seems to depend on who you ask. I know a few people that scoff at people that call anything past SNES/Genesis era as retro. Personally I am at anything up to PS3 at this point. With the big PSN shutting down PS3 and Vita stores and the how the retro community markets reacted to that (and still are even after the backtrack from Sony), it feels a lot like older game markets. So yeah, at this point I include that.