Retro Games Pickup

Rodimus

I went out of town and missed out on a big Retro convention. However I ended up picking up some retro stuff at a local store in the town I was visiting. Nothing too exciting. I got a replacement Stand For my Virtual Boy. Also my Friend I came to visit gave me a 8bitdo 2.4GHz wireless Genesis Controller. Also I picked up a PSOne LCD screen.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

I have been playing with the 8bitdo genesis controller. the last couple of nights. It is the one console I couldn't get working extension cables for. So it was nice to not have to worry about the cord. Although I'm so not used to a 6 button style genesis controller so part of what I was doing felt like playing an emulator although it was real hardware. Over time that fades and it feels more authentic.

Zjd8nyE.jpg

Found another Virtual Boy and a  controller.  It only cost me $2.  Unfortunately, it is broken.  It is the second one I found like this.  Both of mine have some movement inside the unit when powered on, but no image or sound.

Also got a ps1 and snes controller last week.  This is most game stuff I've found at garage sales lately.  My area has really dried up.

• Like 2

spacer.png

So my Fatal Fury 1 finally showed up last week and I just got around to taking a photo of it. I actually still have 1 more game on the way that should arrive soon (KoF 95 for Neo CD). I've been wanting to get FF1 on AES because I like getting early titles for a system even if I don't play it much. Plus I also got a good price on it. I also got world Heroes Perfect to complete out my WH collection on Neo Geo CD (all 4). The game plays great and the loading times are pretty minimal (20-30ish sec between new stages). Rambo 3 I got since it has a place in my memories as it was one of 3 early genesis games I use to play a lot (Others being sonic 1 & TJ&E). I sadly really want to buy a boxed copy but I haven't had much luck finding one locally over the last few years so I finally caved when I saw a loose cart for cheap. I still want to ultimately get a copy w/ box & manual. 

--edit--

For fun I though I would mention the only Fatal Fury game I don't have, excluding Mark of the Wolves, is Real Bout: FF 2. I will eventually pick this up for Neo CD. My collection so far is FF (AES), FF2 (AES), FFS (AES & NeoCD), FF3 (NeoCD), RB:FF (NeoCD), & RB:FFS (NeoCD). I would love to one day get RB:FF on AES as it's my favorite in the series (yet I have no problem spending hours on the NeoCD version). 

• Like 2

spacer.png

I picked this up on Friday from a game store I've never been to before and I couldn't be more ecstatic about it. Ok so this wasn't a good price (that price tag is Canadian, so about $71 US) but the game is complete and the cart and manual are in fantastic shape and it's the US version (Game stores have a strange mix of US & Canadian variants on Genesis & Master System games) but I had to get it because I don't see complete copies around here and this is one of the 5 genesis games I badly want to find with box & manual. I had a genesis when I was younger up until my younger brother broke it by knocking over a glass of milk that spilled into the system breaking it. :cry: There are a few games I fondly remember playing time and time again on the system and TJ&E was one of them (yeah I knew about the hot tub as a kid).

There are sadly still 4 other games I'm looking to find someday, a few I can find but they're vastly over priced at the one store I know that has them. -.- The others are Golden Axe,  Castle of Illusions, Moonwalker & Rambo 3. Actually the store I was at had Golden Axe complete for $40 but it was the Canadian variant.  If you're curious to learn more see the link below.

http://segaage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=42&threadid=56182

12 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Man, I have been searching for ToeJam & Earl for what seems to be forever at this point. Cant find a complete copy here and it is the one game that I want as it was the first game I got back in the 90s when I picked up a Genesis. 

Happy to know I'm not the only person crazily looking for a complete copy of it. Along with the fact you played it back in the day as well. <3

I picked up toe jam and earl 1 and 2 years ago. I thought I picked up toe jam and earl 3. I used to play them with my best friend James.they are fun games. I’m waiting for the new one to arrive in the mail. It is talking longer because the order is tied to the messenger purchase and that has not shipped yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In honor of Dreamcast's anniversary, I decided to grab some games yesterday to play.

spacer.png

Yeah I know it's shameful that these were not already in the collection (My DC collection is pretty poor, 2/3 of it is from a coworker just giving me a bunch of his games). Sadly when playing them last night my DC was acting up on the video signal. I think I might have a busted cap that needs replacing. :cry: I'll also need to give the game cases a really good cleaning this weekend.

In honor of the Dreamcast's anniversary, I got it out and set it up this weekend.  My local game store replaced the controller ports, and I cleaned up and dusted inside the system and out.  The system still runs perfectly after 20 years!  I also took apart one of my controllers completely and cleaned it with soap and water.  I've never really done any maintenance with any of my consoles, and it was really fun to take it apart and see how it works.  The controller that I cleaned looks brand new now, so I'm thinking about doing the same for the other one at some point.  I gave away most all of my games years ago (though I still have Seaman and Hydro Thunder), so I bought Tennis 2k2 and Crazy Taxi.  Tennis 2k2 (Virtua Tennis 2) remains the best tennis game ever in my opinion, and it was still just as fun as I remembered.

The Dreamcast is my favorite system of all time, and I'm now headlong into it again.  I think I may buy a few other games at some point.  I'd love to get another copy of Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, and a few others that I missed out on at the time (Sword of the Berserk, Ecco, Toy Commander, etc.).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 12:01 AM, Littleronin said:

Latest pickups:

retro021.jpg

I have around 20 copies sealed copies Corpse Killer for the 32X, lol.  Back in the early days of eBay, it was cheaper to buy a box full of copies than a single copy.  I sold a few on eBay through the years, and ultimately they ended up in storage.

• 2 weeks later...

I.. uhh... couldn't help myself

spacer.png

(That is a large/venti coffee for scale). The thing is amazing, but I have one nit pick. My screen is slightly slanted. =/ 

spacer.png

Even though these have been out for a few years what kind of pushed me to buy it is the company is releasing a Street Fighter 2 CE unit this month that I totally plan to buy.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It's really not worth it. We sold our boxed unit a few years ago and never regretted it. It's just trash. 

For me I disagree only for the fact I have a soft spot for early polygonal games. :)

Also it still has one of the better renditions of virtua racing still.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...