Retro Games Pickup

Rodimus

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm aware it's the Euro version, I got it from Germany. Cost $25, after shipping. I don't really care about NA vs PAL SMS games. There were hardly any complete copies of the NA version and the PAL versions were a lot cheaper.

Good good, I've sadly noticed a few times some retro shops trying to sell pal releases at NA prices for a few games. =/

I do love that MS games are the same between PAL/NA. There are just soo many great games we never got that PAL has. 

Why is it that damn near every other region outside of NA got game boxes at the time that were a little bit for the long haul? My son was wondering this the other day and I couldn't answer it. I mean it couldn't be because we were being environmentally friend as we were eating McDonald's out of styrofoam at the time. 

so I've taken a dark turn. I feel like this is an old gamer's version of buying a Cadillac mid life. Sadly my games are still on the way but got held up in customs. I picked up about 6ish games but their mostly the dirt cheap gets (ie under $50). I'll hold off on saying what they are till they show up. I did at least give the stick a go last night on my Neo CD and man really the sticks just feel so much better then the pad (but that mostly is because I grew up on the arcade versions over consoles). If anybody is wondering I did get the unit for cheaper then normal for NG but knowing the fact it might or might not need some repair (but it did come from japan and not through ebay so these tend to have better odds of being just fine as some store resellers just post them as junk and don't bother if they don't have the power/av cables).

ICiRTDpGdIHp36rsHZ0rKnrUNOdKdyIkUddS9wWX

18 hours ago, Littleronin said:

Robinson is in there because I happen to pick it up at the same place as the rest. 

retro005.JPG

<3<3<3 on that castle of illusion (I really need to find a copy, just waiting till I come across one locally that is complete in box). I spent so much time playing that game when I was younger. 

• Like 2

I love Castle of Illusion. It was the game I bought with my Genesis. I had played it previously at a friends house. Altered Beast was ok but Castle of Illusion was the reason to get a genesis at that time. Also World of Illusion is great. I really enjoy it co-op.

7 hours ago, chakoo said:

<3<3<3 on that castle of illusion (I really need to find a copy, just waiting till I come across one locally that is complete in box). I spent so much time playing that game when I was younger. 

Castle of Illusion I seen out and instantly had to have it. I couldn't believe I didn't have Code Veronica on the DC (have the PS2 and GC versions but not DC). 

5 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Castle of Illusion I seen out and instantly had to have it. I couldn't believe I didn't have Code Veronica on the DC (have the PS2 and GC versions but not DC). 

The last versions of Code Veronica I bought was the Gamecube and PS3. The PS3 version that came with RE4.

I have been tempted to getting the Castle of Illusion release on the Saturn. Also  I played land of illusion on the Game Gear. I Master System games I need to play more.

I didn't see that Neo Geo. That is cool. SO far that is the one that slipped away. Been thinking about getting a consolized MVS.

I had Land of Illusion on GameGear.  Still own my copy of Castle of Illusion on the Genesis.  I have the Mega Drive edition though because Sega was oddly selling Mega Drive copies of some games here in the early 90's.  I always wondered why.  All I can assume is it was the easiest way to move inventory if it was selling better in another region.  It baffled me as a kid as I had no clue what a Mega Drive was and wondered why it said that.  

World of Illusion is my favorite of the Sega Mickey titles.  I never really got too much into Castle.  World on the other hand, I beat countless times as a child and to this day, it's still one of my favorite 2D platformers.  

Ooo photos later but surprise package today. Surprise in mostly that today everything is closed due to holiday landing on Sunday (July 1st for Canada day) So I did not expect any packages today.

I got 5 neo cd games in but 3 are dups to what I have (the set was 980y before shipping and proxy fees). The non dups I keep are kof 94 and real bout ff. The dups are fatal fury 3, Sam sho 2 & 3. I’ll probably offload the dups to a local retro store. 

My neo cd collection is starting to get big, I’m at 17 games so far yet there is still so much I don’t have. :)

well when it starts to rain Neo Geo games, It pours!!!!

My two NG shipments showed up today at the same time. I sadly don't have time to get into my big box of goodies (expect photos in a few days) but I did at least open my first smaller package when getting home.

wnWa3zQZoUMS5pN5lorMioI3hYfYQtnTQrIgPwuu

So while not technically the first NG game I bought (That was Sam Sho 1), it's the first one in my hands (Damn the carts are big).

Expect 6 more games soon... 

Here is the rest of the collection and what probably will remain 75-80% of my collection (want to hunt down a few more cheap gets (Sub $50 before shipping) then maybe 1 $100 title). The games are all in good shape with their manuals with exception to Fatal Fury Special which is missing its manual and is a bit scuffed. I regret not waiting out on this one a little longer as I later found complete in better shape for what I pad. Yet again all of these titles were like 2,000-3,500 Yen with the exception of Fighters History being 5,000 Yen (not bad since 2k-4k yen cheaper then what they normally list for). 

ppf6NwVu_9C0ss3lWR8fScWPaaIaQSY6qDp9VYLB

On other news, the Neo Geo it self works like a charm with no problems. Quite happy for how cheap I got it.

W7-xbyka5etc4YIcTKXVfztgLGjvpmC2IcQUIHBg

• Like 1

Shinobi, Nice..

23 hours ago, Rodimus said:

Nice Neo Geo games!

A good friend of mine just gave me my first arcade PCB.an Atomiswave. He let me barrow Rumble Fish. I just need a super gun and a way to control the games. Any suggestions?

If you want to go the fun DYI route you can make one pretty easily. The main parts are a Jamma Harness, a PSU (can use an old PC PSU or old device PSU that can supply the needed +5v & +12v) , a 15khz to 31khz converter pcb and a controller (Neo Geo, or 3 button Genesis works as each button is it's own pin and does not require a transcoder. 

Or you can go the lazy route and buy one of these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supergun-ProGamer-RetroelectroniK-Arcade-Jamma-autofire-voltmeter-included/152257119363?epid=1987156252&amp;hash=item23733b4483:g:SbIAAOSwOyJX6pvu

I built my own JVS/Jamma 2 rig and I use one of these for 15khz to VGA conversion.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GBS-8200-CGA-15kHz-EGA-25kHz-Arcade-JAMMA-PCB-to-VGA-Video-Converter/311778818850?hash=item4897773b22:g:qWAAAOSwXOVaZTTs

-edit-

The atomiswave isn't a bad system to get started with but the game selection is pretty limited. Do be careful, Bootlegs are a problem with Atomiswave. So make sure to do your research before buying any carts.