Retro Games Pickup

Rodimus

Not too retro, but I found a complete copy of Pokemon HeartGold at GameStop. Price was around $60 and I used a $25 off coupon to bring it down to $35. Now I have this and SoulSilver(NIB, found at Target on clearance for $25 a while ago). Not too shabby considering what they go for. 

Pokemon HeartGold

Obviously not mint, but it's close enough for me and came with everything. 

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't really played Military Madness mych before. I Also will need to look into Nectaris. The closest I have played of this type is Advance Wars. I need to learn this game first. good thing the game is wiling to teach me and I have the manual.

It has been a while since I had a good game find.  I got this stuff two weeks ago.  I got the nes bundle for $10.  He did have a nes for sale as well, but I left it since I have at least three of them I need to fix.  I'll keep mega man, duck tales, and bionic commando.  I'm not sure which others I should keep.  I already have zelda, metroid, ninja gaiden 2, and turtles.  I don't think I'll try removing the label on mega man.  It is a former rental, so that will be a pain.

0922181450_zpsn2gzny8o.jpg

28 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Bought this when I went to GameStop to pick up my Mega Man 11 amiibo bundle tonight:

Y8zDAFG.jpg

Think I'll put it on top of the shelf that holds all our Playstation stuff in the game room.

That’s cool as hell. How much was it?

6 hours ago, Rodimus said:

I have sen that sign all over instagram. For that reason I have not picked it up however I really like it. Also I need to look into a 90s World of Nintendo sign.

Good luck in getting an authentic Nintendo sign. We found ours locally several years ago, took a while to talk the store owner into selling it and still paid a pretty penny. It was broken, too. Husband spent a lot of time fixing it, since fiber optics are a bit complex. 

No regrets, though. The thing is amazing and it's awesome to own a piece of Nintendo history. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Good luck in getting an authentic Nintendo sign. We found ours locally several years ago, took a while to talk the store owner into selling it and still paid a pretty penny. It was broken, too. Husband spent a lot of time fixing it, since fiber optics are a bit complex. 

No regrets, though. The thing is amazing and it's awesome to own a piece of Nintendo history. 

Yeah I don't know if I will find one. I can't say I'm looking very hard. I imagine I would have to do all that. Convince the seller and require some repair and pay plenty for it.

1 minute ago, Rodimus said:

Yeah I don't know if I will find one. I can't say I'm looking very hard. I imagine I would have to do all that. Convince the seller and require some repair and pay plenty for it.

They're insanely expensive, looking on eBay. Your best best would be to luck out and find one in person and have that person willing to part with it. I forget exactly how much we paid for ours, but I believe it was between $250-300. But this was 6 or 7 years ago. 

GameStop has really gotten more interesting since they added all the fun Think Geek stuff to their stores. I was wanting this yesterday, but didn't want to spend the money, since I got the sign. Then I remembered I had some cash squirreled away, vacation leftovers and some birthday money. So I didn't feel bad about using it to get this: 

jIoBeit.jpg

• Like 2