Ultraviolet closing

For some 7 years, me and 4 of my friends have had our UV accounts linked and have been able to share our collective libraries. Kind of a bummer to see it go as we all have varying tastes so we probably put 20+ new releases on the service each month between us.

7 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

All of my UV movies show up in Vudu. I think that means that I'll still have access to them on Vudu after UV shuts down, right? The UV site just says that will be "in the majority of cases," but it's not clear what the expectations are. I guess we'll find out.

If you haven’t already, link your vudu to movies anywhere and you should have access to most titles regardless of what happens after ultraviolet closes. My shared UV library is about 1400 titles and I think 1150 are on my MA account too.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

If you haven’t already, link your vudu to movies anywhere and you should have access to most titles regardless of what happens after ultraviolet closes. My shared UV library is about 1400 titles and I think 1150 are on my MA account too.

if vudu loses access, then wont movies anywhere lose access?

26 minutes ago, foosh said:

From what I can tell, no. Once something is in your locker, it’s there. We shall see though!

I always hated Ultraviolet.... the app was garbage...

I hate movies whose digital copies were all Ultraviolet....

Now this Stupid "Movies Anywhere" is carrying the mantle of this bullshit.... 

Just sell the damn Blu Ray and stop selling me a stupid 4K, 3D, DVD, Movies Anywhere crap for $35.... 

UGH

2 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

I always hated Ultraviolet.... the app was garbage...

I hate movies whose digital copies were all Ultraviolet....

Now this Stupid "Movies Anywhere" is carrying the mantle of this bullshit.... 

Just sell the damn Blu Ray and stop selling me a stupid 4K, 3D, DVD, Movies Anywhere crap for $35.... 

UGH

MA is great. It just allows your digital purchases to be platform agnostic. Apple/Amazon/Google/Vudu, doesn’t matter. UV was worse because Vudu was the only decent platform it supported.

8 hours ago, sblfilms said:

MA is great. It just allows your digital purchases to be platform agnostic. Apple/Amazon/Google/Vudu, doesn’t matter. UV was worse because Vudu was the only decent platform it supported.

My biggest problem with UV was that i downloaded the copy of movie on to my device yet i was unable to watch it unless i had a goid enough signal to be connected to UV app first... they "fixed" it, but most of the time playback was glitchy ir it would revert to locking me out of movies.. hate it so much

17 hours ago, foosh said:

As per the email

Your UltraViolet Library will automatically close and, in the majority of cases, your movies and TV shows will remain accessible at previously-linked retailers.

You can continue to make online purchases and redeem codes, but these may only be available through that retailer, and will not be added to your UltraViolet Library.

I just got an email from Vudu:

Recently you received an email announcing that UltraViolet will be shutting down its service on July 31, 2019.

The discontinuation of the UltraViolet service will not impact your ability to watch, rent or buy movies and TV shows on Vudu. You currently have an UltraViolet Library connected to your Vudu account, and all of the titles you have in your Vudu account today will continue to be accessible in your Vudu account up to and after UltraViolet shuts down. 

To ensure continued access to your titles beyond UltraViolet shutdown, please do not unlink your UltraViolet account from Vudu.

Since all my UV movies are available in Vudu, I'm fine.