2019 NBA Summer of Fun

RedSoxFan9

19 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

With KD out, this series is a hot take goldmine

I can't remember who said it, but I think I only saw one commentator say what turned out to be the case. Which was that, basically, talk of GS having no depth was off base. Whether it's Harrison Barnes or Kevin Looney, you just need to plug in some warm bodies to play with Steph, Klay, and Green and they remain a deep playoff, if not championship team.

16 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

The Warriors are better without KD

I don't think they're better, but I think they're more locked in.

In a situation where you've split the first four games and it's down to a 3 game series I could see it being something of a hidden blessing for this to happen because it really puts a scare into a team that is so good it coasts a lot. Makes it less likely a fluke bad night loses you a series.

That said, going into a 7 game series, I'd much rather have Durant out there.

Luckily for the Warriors it's probably moot. With or without Durant this was the real Finals....again. Any of the other four remaining teams will be lucky to push them to six, and I think Portland or Milwaukee(which is very overrated) will get swept or win 1 at most.

THANK GOD THAT SHOT WENT IN!!!

didn't watch the game but checked my iPad like 3-4 times on the score. I saw 90-90 and 4 secs left and was saying “well they are going to overtime” Then I flicked the tv on to the game for a sec and I see them celebrating. Holy Shit they won, but we are going down to the Bucks in 5

I think it would have been a more interesting series if Denver had won. Not that I think Denver had any better of a chance then Portland to win, but it would have been more interesting to see GS try to deal with Jokic.

As it sits now, it seems like GS is basically playing a team that wants to be GS, but is less talented at probably every position. 

Not that I necessarily expect them to finish without losing, but man, the drop off in competition for Golden State from Houston to everybody else is really staggering, and the Rockets could only win two games.

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Not that I necessarily expect them to finish without losing, but man, the drop off in competition for Golden State from Houston to everybody else is really staggering, and the Rockets could only win two games.

In the West, absolutely.  The Bucks can give the Warriors problems with their athleticism and length.