2019 NBA Summer of Fun

RedSoxFan9

If Klay comes back and is OK warriors are looking good. Curry was out there playing with 4 non-shooters almost all night and kept it within striking distance. Biggest place where the Warriors shit the bed was on defense. Draymond didn’t look good and Klay is our actual best defender. Even him at like 70% would help. Plus Green and Lowry shot almost 60% from three. Good win for the raptors but warriors don’t need to be discouraged if Klay can come back. 

Cousins though does not belong on the court. I feel for him but he’s just a warm body who can’t make a basket. 

40 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

So, 4-1 is definitely on the table @Chairslinger

I think people overestimate how much the Warriors absolutely need Durant to win this series, but perhaps underestimate how much they need Klay.

The moment they announced Klay was out I saw this game as a very tough proposition for the Warriors, and I had said as much. 

16 hours ago, johnny said:

If Klay comes back and is OK warriors are looking good. Curry was out there playing with 4 non-shooters almost all night and kept it within striking distance. Biggest place where the Warriors shit the bed was on defense. Draymond didn’t look good and Klay is our actual best defender. Even him at like 70% would help. Plus Green and Lowry shot almost 60% from three. Good win for the raptors but warriors don’t need to be discouraged if Klay can come back. 

Cousins though does not belong on the court. I feel for him but he’s just a warm body who can’t make a basket. 

When were they in striking distance in the second half?  I must have missed that part.

1 minute ago, mikechorney said:

When were they in striking distance in the second half?  I must have missed that part.

Striking distance doesn’t mean down 1 point. Curry kept making it a couple possession ballgame and every time the Raps would drain a dagger or two and move it back to a double digit game. That’s striking distance. Don’t pick this hill to die on. 

Just now, johnny said:

Striking distance doesn’t mean down 1 point. Curry kept making it a couple possession ballgame and every time the Raps would drain a dagger or two and move it back to a double digit game. That’s striking distance. Don’t pick this hill to die on. 

The Warriors weren't even in the game in the second half, occasionally pulling to be within 8 or 9 (after going on a run).  That's "striking distance" if you have rose colored glasses on.

3 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

The Warriors weren't even in the game in the second half, occasionally pulling to be within 8 or 9 (after going on a run).  That's "striking distance" if you have rose colored glasses on.

I don’t even know what the point of this post is if you’re going to take this stance. A couple possessions is nothing in basketball. All the warriors needed was a few plays to go their way and they’d be in a tied game or possibly leading. I mean come on, the phrase gets used all the times in regards to standings and teams being further than 1 game out. 

4 minutes ago, johnny said:

I don’t even know what the point of this post is if you’re going to take this stance. A couple possessions is nothing in basketball. All the warriors needed was a few plays to go their way and they’d be in a tied game or possibly leading. I mean come on, the phrase gets used all the times in regards to standings and teams being further than 1 game out. 

The Warriors weren't in the game in the second half.  They were never in striking distance.  They were never within a couple of plays of tying the game. It was never even remotely close in the second half. 

With Klay and Durant, they probably win this series.  Without, them they lose in 5 (and it won't be close).

2 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

The Warriors weren't in the game in the second half.  They were never in striking distance.  They were never within a couple of plays of tying the game. It was never even remotely close in the second half. 

With Klay and Durant, they probably win this series.  Without, them they lose in 5 (and it won't be close).

It absolutely got close at times. We clearly have a different idea of what close is. Anything 10 and under is close to me unless we’re at the end of the game because you can literally change who’s leading off of a few plays. They weren’t within 3 or anything but whatever if that’s how you wanna look at it that’s fine. 4Q kinda got away from them around the 8-9 minute mark but 3Q they were def in it. 

Five Thirty Eight's model says that a healthy Warriors lineup is worth about a 6 point swing.

I know you can’t be quite this linear because of gameflow and all that, but our model figures that a healthy Warriors team is maybe 6-ish points per game better than the version they’ve been putting out there, so maybe Games 1 and 3 are still narrow wins for the Raptors.

3 hours ago, Anzo said:

A New Challenger Approaches:

KD expected to play tonight

Considering that I was fairly surprised that the Warriors lost game 4, I suppose it's kind of funny that I am now not too optimistic on their chances with him coming back.

Being on the brink gives them such a small margin of error, and it usually takes more than one game for the team chemistry to click back into place and the player themselves to be NBA ready after a pretty big lay off.

I think the Raptors need to put the boot on the throat if they want to avoid a comeback because if you push it to six you got the Warriors at home, Durant settled back into the rotation, and guys like Cousins and Klay are(barring reaggravations) just going to get better. Hard to win a game 6, then you are in a game 7 with a team that's been to the Finals 5 years in a row, and anything can happen.