2019 NBA Summer of Fun

RedSoxFan9

5 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I see you’ve addressed my post with reason and respect. 

> this thing isn’t like them at all 

> it’s actually a thing they do

theres not much to say when you don’t know the warriors. Even WITH KD they make large runs. 

Just now, johnny said:

> this thing isn’t like them at all 

> it’s actually a thing they do

theres not much to say when you don’t know the warriors. Even WITH KD they make large runs. 

I'm willing to bet I watch and consume more NBA content than anyone on the boards. 

You're totally right - when the Warriors have a healthy Steph, Klay, Dray and bench, they go on massive runs. They do not have that now. Their bench is...bad. They've been playing pretty well, but they sacrificed depth to get KD. Those runs were possible largely because of their depth. 

It is more likely we see the Warriors output that we saw in game 1 and most of game 2 than we see an 18-0 run again. That is a large run even for the Warriors when they were full strength, which, again, they are not even close to being. 

They don't need a bench to go on a massive run. The bench is there to not fuck up the lead after the run, which they didn't. Unless our meaning of a run is off, which it might be since you hold infinite basketball wisdom. Raps won a reasonably close game and lost at home to a shitty bench and injured team and are about to go play two games in Oakland. But ok, Raps are better lmao. The talent gap with injuries (not counting KD) isn't that significant, but Warriors are still the better team. Raps needed both at home and they blew it. If I'm a raps fan I'm hoping Klay is pretty limited game 3 in the hopes of stealing it. 

3 minutes ago, johnny said:

They don't need a bench to go on a massive run. The bench is there to not fuck up the lead after the run, which they didn't. Unless our meaning of a run is off, which it might be since you hold infinite basketball wisdom. Raps won a reasonably close game and lost at home to a shitty bench and injured team and are about to go play two games in Oakland. But ok, Raps are better lmao. The talent gap with injuries (not counting KD) isn't that significant, but Warriors are still the better team. Raps needed both at home and they blew it. If I'm a raps fan I'm hoping Klay is pretty limited game 3 in the hopes of stealing it. 

The bench itself doesn't necessarily make the run. But it's necassary for them to consistently make those runs because it allows the death lineup to rest, not only game to game, but throughout the run of the season and especially playoffs. The offensive load on Step and Klay right now is way more than it has ever been, even when they were running with Harrison Barnes. The Raptors are corralling those two and making them work for everything. Livingston isn't near what he was even last year, and two years ago and before he was an absolute killer from mid range. Iggy played like a damn champ and I love him as a player, but that three was the first three he has made since game 6 against the Rockets, and it's a shot they didn't used to have to pray goes in. 

Top to bottom the Raptors are a better team right now. I never said they were going to blow them out. In fact, the only reason I even posted initially is because someone said the opposite (that the Warriors very well may win this series 4-1). Given the state of the Warriors, I find that to be pretty unlikely. And at the same time, I would not be surprised at all if they win the series. Their core 3 are all timers in their own ways, and Iggy will do nothing but make the smart play every time. 

I'm not dissing the Warriors, which it seems you think I must be doing. But again, take that run out of it and they have been outplayed. They just don't have the manpower. It all changes if KD comes back and is 75 percent of himself or better. 

Looney has a fractured collarbone so he's done for the finals I would assume.  The best lineup for the Warriors since KD went down has been Curry, Klay, Dray, Iggy, and Looney, so this is a  big loss.  However, Cousins coming back and looking pretty damn good in game 2 diminishes the loss of Looney.

35 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Those runs were possible largely because of their depth. 

WTF

I get what you're saying. 

They very well could win 4-1, but I doubt any wins this series will be easy. I have Warriors in 6 personally. Also, Iggy has never been a good three point shooter besides his 1 all star year i believe. BUT, he is one of the most clutch players in the NBA. When it's crunch time I 100% trust Iggy. Shaun has definitely regressed, but it's all about that experience. These guys have been here multiple times and are battle tested and experienced. It goes a long way. 

3 minutes ago, johnny said:

I get what you're saying. 

They very well could win 4-1, but I doubt any wins this series will be easy. I have Warriors in 6 personally. Also, Iggy has never been a good three point shooter besides his 1 all star year i believe. BUT, he is one of the most clutch players in the NBA. When it's crunch time I 100% trust Iggy. Shaun has definitely regressed, but it's all about that experience. These guys have been here multiple times and are battle tested and experienced. It goes a long way. 

I agree. But at the same time Kawhi and Danny Green have a title and Serge and Gasol have played in huge games and I don't think they're rattled. I think from a predictions standpoint this is the most uncertain Finals since 2014. I have no clue what is going to happen, largely based on the injury situation. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

The bench itself doesn't necessarily make the run. But it's necassary for them to consistently make those runs because it allows the death lineup to rest, not only game to game, but throughout the run of the season and especially playoffs.

You could say that for any bench as long as they eat minutes.  Warriors bench this whole year has been inconsistent and completely ineffective at times, what they do doesn't really have any effect on the Warriors' ability to make runs.  When their defense locks in and Draymond/Iggy/Curry push the pace in transition, the Warriors can spread the floor with their movement and create shots with two of the best and quickest shooters the game has ever seen (not even including KD with this).  Transition offense is the key to their runs, the Raptors can't really lock them down when they get out and run.

Halfcourt offense is another story...

After today's injury report I think it is anyone's series. Not having Klay 100% and no Looney are big losses. We can't count out Draymond though. Dude is super clutch in the playoffs if he can set the pace of the game. 

26 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Transition offense is the key to their runs, the Raptors can't really lock them down when they get out and run.

But they have been locking them down. The 18 point burst is the only run over 5-6 points for the warriors in this series. It’s not something they’re able to do with any sort of reliability or frequency. 

It’s just not the same team right now. And now with Klay it’s gonna be even tougher for Steph. 

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

But they have been locking them down. The 18 point burst is the only run over 5-6 points for the warriors in this series. It’s not something they’re able to do with any sort of reliability or frequency. 

It’s just not the same team right now. And now with Klay it’s gonna be even tougher for Steph. 

Umm no, Warriors had an 8-0 run in the first quarter of game 1 and a 10-0 run in the first quarter of game 2. 

Also, 2 game sample size?  How many runs do you think the Warriors get?

7 hours ago, Amazatron said:

Umm no, Warriors had an 8-0 run in the first quarter of game 1 and a 10-0 run in the first quarter of game 2. 

Also, 2 game sample size?  How many runs do you think the Warriors get?

When the Warriors were really rolling they had this feeling of invincibility to them. It wasn’t if they were gonna make a run, it was when and how devastating is it gonna be. 8-10 point runs aren’t uncommon for any team, and if that’s what you’re talking about sure they’re unstoppable just like the raptors are unstoppable during their 8 point runs. It’s tough to score 15 let alone 18 or more straight. 

If you think the Warriors have looked like the Warriors over the first two games, that’s cool. We haven’t been watching the same games though. 

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

When the Warriors were really rolling they had this feeling of invincibility to them. It wasn’t if they were gonna make a run, it was when and how devastating is it gonna be. 8-10 point runs aren’t uncommon for any team, and if that’s what you’re talking about sure they’re unstoppable just like the raptors are unstoppable during their 8 point runs. It’s tough to score 15 let alone 18 or more straight. 

If you think the Warriors have looked like the Warriors over the first two games, that’s cool. We haven’t been watching the same games though. 

Nice cop out.  What’s your point?  Warriors look like the Warriors.  Are you forgetting they got pushed to 6 games by the Clippers. Then they were left for dead against Houston when KD went down and then scrapped and clawed to finish game 5 and then pulled out a gutty victory in Houston in game 6?  How about trailing for more minutes in the Blazers series then leading yet still somehow sweeping them.  The team has been inconsistent all year with or without KD.

3 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Nice cop out.

Why are you so hostile dude? I remember why I stopped posting on the sports board. 

I’m not attacking you, I’m not insulting the warriors, I’m giving reasons for he way I think. 

I think I’m good here. Enjoy the rest of the finals. 

15 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Why are you so hostile dude? I remember why I stopped posting on the sports board. 

I’m not attacking you, I’m not insulting the warriors, I’m giving reasons for he way I think. 

I think I’m good here. Enjoy the rest of the finals. 

Youre the one with the snark about “if you disagree with me, you aren’t watching the same game” after walking back on your whole “Warriors can’t consistently make runs against the Raptors” BS.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Some people going a little too hard to the paint here.

Just like Kawhi, zing.

Just don’t really care for someone preaching respect and then making backhanded comments.  If anything, these two games against the Raptors have been a complete microcosm of the 2018-2019 Warriors.

The third quarter no scoring run was primarily down to the Raptors NOT making open shots.  Their defence was stellar, and the shot quality on the offence was comparable to game 1.  These things happen, but attributing the Raptors missing open shots to being "vintage Warriors" is a little comical.

If Thompson and Durant both play the next two games, they should be (relatively) easy wins for the Warriors.  I can see the Raptors taking game 3, if they are both out.