NFL Week 15 - The Last Days of Oakland

Keyser_Soze

Oakland's been in the news lately, firing their GM, the city of Oakland filing a lawsuit against the Raiders, overall a terrible season even by Raiders standards.

On the flip side, the most important division game of the year is on a Thursday night. Also there are two awesome Saturday night games coming and New England vs Pittsburgh probably should be flexed to Sunday Night.

Chicago has a revenge game against Green Bay, a game they should have won but Rodgers was motivated to win. This week maybe not so much.

NFC East is still up for grabs!

WoF0PDs.png

Also KC’s three losses are against playoff teams. They also came really close to losing last week to another playoff team, the Ravens. They definitely aren’t as strong as people were thinking earlier in the year.

Hopkins game winner:

:ohsnap:

How frustrating must must it be to be a corner going up against Hopkins? He draws so many fouls that nobody else gets :sun:

Also, it was a nice result for my fantasy team as I had Kaimi Fairbairn as my kicker. 5 FGs and 2 XPs!

Seriously, these last two weeks are going to be exciting.

In the AFC I believe it is this simple, although I could be wrong:

If the Ravens lose to the Chargers (likely) and the Colts beat the Gmen (likely) and the Titans upend Washington (likely), then Indy and Tenn are playing the final week of the season for the last playoff spot.  Even a tie gets one of the two teams in.  Probably Colts as they are currently ranked higher.

In the NFC I honestly think the Vikings can almost solidify their playoff spot with a win against Detroit next week, because even though I think they lose to the Bears the last week of the season I don't believe any other of the competing NFC teams will be better than their 8-7-1...Wash, Philly both likely 8-8.

6 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

If the Ravens lose to the Chargers (likely) and the Colts beat the Gmen (likely) and the Titans upend Washington (likely), then Indy and Tenn are playing the final week of the season for the last playoff spot.  Even a tie gets one of the two teams in.  Probably Colts as they are currently ranked higher.

Browns are in if they win out, if titans and colts lose week 16 and tie week 17

I think the lesson of this week is that there is still very real parity in the NFL.

I wasn't a believer for a while, but at this point I think the Bears might be my favorite to win the Superbowl. They have that winning formula of excellent defense and an offense that's young and good enough.

Whatever happens, it'll be an exciting finish to the year.