The Mariners

thewhyteboar

I’m an absolute pervert for how much I am enjoying the excuse pedaling for the Dodgers not making it to the World Series again. 

INJURIES!!!1!!1! DIVISION RACE!!1!!!

Oh, those things that all teams who win it all have to overcome in a 162 game season?

Thinking about the Astros having to decide between Brantley and Alvarez starting in Atlanta because of no DH is making my head hurt. Criminal that the NL doesn’t have the DH!

1 hour ago, Iculus said:

it's entirely too complicated to get in to here. the last 18 months have been hard on everyone. I'll be back in Dallas on the 5th, so it'll only be 10 days or so.

Need any cash for travel expenses?

1 hour ago, Iculus said:

nah, my dad covered the train/plane to Dallas. I have a little cash for food, and I bought a tent to sleep in. The weather is pretty mild for the next few days so I should be good.

My guy, this will not do. I have 5 free hotel nights I can give you at the very least 

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Came to Minute Maid early to watch BP and soak it all in ❤️

I am jelly. Enjoy the game! I'm picking Astros in 6. Don't think the Braves can hang with that line-up. I bet its awesome listening to the crack of the bat in a quiet Minute Maid park.

38 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Good call on the app. Just downloaded it. 

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Looks like it's only a "preview" at least for me so it will probably cut you off, though it's letting me watch more if I do it on my computer. 

sportsurge.net

The Braves are in a tough spot. The win is great, but they only have 2 starting pitchers left on the roster with the Morton injury. I guess they could start Kyle Wright, but I'm guessing that they are going to need at least 2 bullpen games. I'm going to try to get the Battery tomorrow to watch game 2. It probably won't happen, but I'll post pictures if I do. Braves in 4 (lol)

Just got back home, forgot to charge my phone so was dead around the third inning, coincidentally right when the Astros and Charlie Morton’s leg died.

So gutted for Charlie, such a good dude.

My only real strategic complaint was letting Framber pitch to Duvall. At worst should br a batter by batter leash. But pretty clear within the first 4 batters that we were getting what Astros fans refer to as “Bad Framber”. Atlanta had a great gameplan of laying off anything down, and Framber played right into it by trying to challenge with high fastballs. So much hard contact early.

Real key issue for the Astros though were Altuve, Bregman, and Correa going a combined 0-11. You expect no production out of Maldando, and limited production out of the 8 hole with McCormick or Siri, but those three have to be giving you go ABs.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Oh yeah, there was a guy next section over from us holding a “The Chop Is Racist” sign. A couple of very inebriated Atlanta fans started cussing and threatening the guy.

Security kicked out the guy with the sign 🙄

I’m assuming at the behest of MLB

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Oh yeah, there was a guy next section over from us holding a “The Chop Is Racist” sign. A couple of very inebriated Atlanta fans started cussing and threatening the guy.

Security kicked out the guy with the sign 🙄

I’m assuming at the behest of MLB

I saw that guy on TV. It was to the foul side of left field.