The Mariners

thewhyteboar

Great run @Biggieand @Iculus . Told Astros fan you would rather play the bum Dodgers than these Braves. They didn’t listen.

Excited for next season. Basically the same team minus Correa. Astros will be the landing spot for one of these other top Free agent SS.

Alex Anthopoulos deserves a ton of credit. He remade this team via trade in the middle of the year and basically every move provided meaningful production during the second half and the playoff run especially. Really incredible job

I’m already suffering baseball withdrawal…and we are headed for a lockout. I’ll be really annoyed if we get a shortened season because of it.

So who on your favorite team is a free agent?

Astros are actually in good shape on this front, tons of money coming off the books (almost $70 million just in Verlander and Greinke money each year!)

Carlos Correa

Justin Verlander ($66 million for literally one start in two years 😂)

Zack Greinke

Kendall Graveman

Yimi Garcia

Marwin Gonzalez 

Certainly would love for Correa to remain, but guy wants one of those stupid 10 year deals that only the Angels and Yankees seem to love doing. I actually feel like this is one of the rare scenarios where I wouldn’t mind it. Correa is going be 37 at the end of the deal and we are seeing way more position players be productive in their 35-38 year old seasons than ever. You could easily see a scenario where Correa is a 1B on the back end of the deal

Besides that, I’d like to see them come up with something to keep Yimi Garcia. Graveman would be great, but I think the price tag won’t make sense given the overall quality of the Astros bullpen and the ability to go out and find guys who you can re-engineer their pitch design and mechanics to improve their performance.

I’m guessing the Astros go big on a starting pitcher and a SS. I guess the other possibility is returning Bregman to his natural habitat of SS and bringing in a quality 3B option instead.

44 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0402%2Fr685495_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

After leading the team to a World Series appearance last season, Dusty Baker will return as Astros manager on a one-year contract in 2022.

I really wish they would have won this year so Dusty could ride off into the sunset. But considering the team is returning 95% of its top tier players and now has a lot of room in the budget for free agents, he knows the Astros can certainly make another deep run.

I really want the Astros to give the manager job to the current bench coach, Joe Espada. I think he is going to get a manager job sooner rather than later and I’d hate it to be with another team :( 

On 10/17/2021 at 12:04 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Can't believe Biggie is going to shit talk his team all the way to winning a championship.

On 10/17/2021 at 9:18 AM, Biggie said:

New to Atlanta sports? We don’t win championships we blow them. 

This is amazing. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I really wish they would have won this year so Dusty could ride off into the sunset. But considering the team is returning 95% of its top tier players and now has a lot of room in the budget for free agents, he knows the Astros can certainly make another deep run.

I really want the Astros to give the manager job to the current bench coach, Joe Espada. I think he is going to get a manager job sooner rather than later and I’d hate it to be with another team :( 

Freeman to the Astros confirmed. Houston loves former Braves.

As expected, Astros aren’t going for more than 5-6 year contracts no matter what. Correa will get a 8-10 year deal somewhere. I think he’s also going to want to beat Lindor on the per year figure of ~36 million.