The Mariners

thewhyteboar

I actually charged my phone today, got my new pitching ninja hat on, and ready for a better showing. Urquidy throwing strikes early is good, and lots of hard contact off of Fried makes me feel much better about the prospects to see that Astros get the first home WS win in the last 6 tries!

Amusingly, it was weakish contact that made the 4 run inning go. Friend has lost whatever was making him special this season and he needs to find as Atlanta is likely going to need a win out of one of his starts with Charlie done.

I thought it was a bad call until I watched a regular speed replay from the centerfield camera. No way that is a catch. In real-time it is in and out his glove almost immediately. Really questionable to say it was secured in the glove in that fraction of a second, and as such a dropped transfer wasn’t what occurred. It was just a drop.

16 hours ago, Biggie said:

Braves blew their wad in the first game. They might not win another. Astros in 5. 

Anderson wins game 3. The bullpen games are blowouts. One for each team. Fried pitches a gem, and the bullpen let's him down. Houston wins game 7.

Under, over, over, under, under

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse pitching performance result in no hits through 4. Astros could not swing at all and Anderson would walk every one of them.

Both teams had a lot of opportunity in the first 3 innings to put up runs, but didn’t. The bullpens Barn Arms were both very good with the exception of the inexcusable fastball by Graveman in the 8th.