Do you decorate your apartment or house?

Remarkableriots

I haven't ever decorated any of my apartments. I don't hang pictures or anything else. I would normally just have a bed, a TV, and video games. I used to have a novel collection on a book shelf, but that was over a decade ago. A few times, when I moved, I started over with nothing.

I always liked seeing how my friends decorated their homes and made an effort to make them feel more personal. It seemed less depressing compared to my home.

I also never used to do much more than put a silly poster or two on the wall (e.g. in college), but in the last few years I've started to put more thought into it. Like you, I noticed that it does make a difference in how I feel, making a space my own, etc. 

Here's my small "shrine" to Tolkien, for example:

7r9TKOr.jpg

I guess I should have made sure everything was straight before I took a picture, but oh well. :p 

• Like 2
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

To an extent. Varies by room. Upstairs living room is more outdoorsy, with a mounted deer, some hunting related decor, and I've started taking a favorite photo from each vacation and putting it on canvas to hang. And I have a painting done by a family friend over my fireplace of a beautiful waterfall I visited in North Carolina.

Lighthouses on canvas in the bathrooms.

My office area is my sports memorabilia.

Game room.

One spare bedroom is a guest room/library, with some additional sports stuff.

Only room not really decorated is our bedroom, but I plan to hang some stuff in there eventually.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Yes, though it’s collaborative. But we’ve painted rooms various colours, various things hanging up etc - though I can’t say the 200 odd books I’ve got lung around are displayed, but just stored in plain sight. 

I helped my friends paint their house, and that was so complicated. She wanted stripes in certain areas, and I've never been good at painting.

56 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Yes, though it’s collaborative. But we’ve painted rooms various colours, various things hanging up etc - though I can’t say the 200 odd books I’ve got lung around are displayed, but just stored in plain sight. 

FWIW, I've also got a couple hundred books that are on shelves, and I'm totally counting those as decoration. :p 

• Like 1

I have a strange relationship with it. Where I live now? No. Why? Because I don't want where I live now to feel like home. It isn't home. I don't even own a bed frame. It feels like the minute I own a bed frame and put up artwork, then this is my home. I like to live like I could pick up tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

I helped my friends paint their house, and that was so complicated. She wanted stripes in certain areas, and I've never been good at painting.

I’m both awful and impatient when it comes to painting. I’m a little bit happy that our house needs a fair bit of repair work soon because it means I don’t have to redecorate our downstairs and only need to paint upstairs white (with maybe a father wall in a few bedrooms).