Tales of Symphonia or Tales of Vesparia.

CastletonSnob

Vesperia. Symphonia has some completely wack ass game mechanics that are totally improved by Vesperia. If you have no nostalgia for the game, Symphonia can be a slog to get through.

Vesperia might still be up there as the best Tales game to play today (along with Berseria and Xillia)

• Halal 1

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

How is Tales of Arise?

Like @Bacon said, it's perfectly... fine. It is supremely acceptable. I wouldn't recommend it as a first Tales game. If you're going to jump into the series, I'd say Vesperia is the one to get into.

Xillia would also be great but given that the game is still frustratingly a PS3 exclusive, that makes it hard.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Persona 5 looks amazing on the oled deck, it’s so so pretty. Persona 4 Golden will still look great on the oled too due to the art style, but Persona 5 is something else art wise.

I love the social aspects of the game. It’s my absolute favorite parts. 

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Persona 5 looks amazing on the oled deck, it’s so so pretty. Persona 4 Golden will still look great on the oled too due to the art style, but Persona 5 is something else art wise.

Looks like we have a winner. It's is 94 at OC and persona 4 is at 88.

Just now, Biggie said:

I love the social aspects of the game. It’s my absolute favorite parts. 

Yeah I played a lot of P4 on vita and loved it so I got that for deck too when I got P5 Royal - will definitely get to it some time as it’s timeless. I didn’t pick up P3 just because reloaded is coming.

Just now, stepee said:

Yeah I played a lot of P4 on vita and loved it so I got that for deck too when I got P5 Royal - will definitely get to it some time as it’s timeless. I didn’t pick up P3 just because reloaded is coming.

Yeah I’ve got P4 Golden off of GamePass and soon P3!

• Hype 1

Just now, Biggie said:

Yeah I’ve got P4 Golden off of GamePass and soon P3!

The have to be the coziest games to me. I’m playing bits of P5 at night but will really dive in after Starfield as my main next game. I’ve been waiting a long time for it to be handheld.

• Like 1

Persona 5 Royal is absolutely phenomenal. I couldn't stop playing but I had to use the bathroom so bad I said enough for the night.

Talk about a fucked up story that is so interesting I HAD to see what was next. I'm super early but I enjoy the combat so far. The visuals are so unique and that damn cat you find in the castle was adorable. This is much better than I was anticipating. 

Thanks to @Biggie for mentioning this series. 

• Halal 1