Tales of Symphonia or Tales of Vesparia.

CastletonSnob

I have put 6 hours into Persona 5 Royal. I made sure to select normal difficulty rather than easy like I usually do. In these 6 hours it has been a complete joke in terms of combat and difficulty.

They keep preparing me for my big invasion on the palace but none of the prep is necessary. I usually kill an emergency on one turn. Does it get more challenging and fun? I know I suck at games but this is way too easy atm. 

Well I finally died once. So that was nice. I then strategized and beat the fucker who got me. I cannot stop playing this game. It's easily the best JRPG I've played. Granted I haven't played many but this game is absolutely addicting and brilliant. The music is spectacular and the art style is stunning. Especially on the Oled deck. I put in 9 hours in less than a day. 

• Like 1

@Biggie @Bacon Do you have to grind in P5R? I was absolutely destroying enemies for the first 6 hours. Then the difficulty increased at a perfect pace and I was pleased.

Now I reached the boss of the first palace and I had only a few shots at him before he unleashed hell on my entire party and they all died. One major attack. 

I have an opportunity to go through the palace right now and not activate the boss. So it would be a good time to level. My question is, is that what you're supposed to do? I've done everything correctly in this game and it's almost impossible to screw anything up. 

I'm not sure. Prolly not? Maybe a little? I was grinding non-stop, using a guide to max every social link and that required me to grind a lot and take on each dungeon in 1 night. But That was P5 and not P5R and P5R follows a different schedule. I won't be pretty much any help here.

• Halal 1

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie @Bacon Do you have to grind in P5R? I was absolutely destroying enemies for the first 6 hours. Then the difficulty increased at a perfect pace and I was pleased.

Now I reached the boss of the first palace and I had only a few shots at him before he unleashed hell on my entire party and they all died. One major attack. 

I have an opportunity to go through the palace right now and not activate the boss. So it would be a good time to level. My question is, is that what you're supposed to do? I've done everything correctly in this game and it's almost impossible to screw anything up. 

I played it on easy mode because I just wanted the great story along with all the social aspects. Grinding is the pits especially once you get further into the game. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm not sure. Prolly not? Maybe a little? I was grinding non-stop, using a guide to max every social link and that required me to grind a lot and take on each dungeon in 1 night. But That was P5 and not P5R and P5R follows a different schedule. I won't be pretty much any help here.

Ok 👌 

11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I played it on easy mode because I just wanted the great story along with all the social aspects. Grinding is the pits especially once you get further into the game. 

I don't mind grinding if it's just a little. Like I just grinded for 10 minutes and now everyone in my party is a level 11. Now I'm attempting the boss. If it's too difficult I will lower it to easy. Thanks

22 minutes ago, Bacon said:

What's cool 4U is that there is a Persona 3 remake coming out and that is a great game too. If you like and beat P5 get the Persona 3 remake when that comes out.

So modernish visuals? Was part 3 good?

I'm 12 hours in now and this game continues to evolve and become more interesting and better in so many ways. The upgrading, crafting, and social aspects are stuff I've never seen before. Boy, if this keeps it up I don't know what to say. I litteraly cannot stop playing and I'm so interested in what is going to happen next.

Then add on the fact this looks so fuckin gorgeous on the oled this is definitely something else. Reviews are spot on. 

In @best3444 fashion, I'm interested in yet ANOTHER game now lol

I've tried to get into the Persona games in the past and nada. Just couldn't get past the extreme juvenile anime cheese. But it appears that stuff doesn't annoy me like it used to as I watch a ton of anime with both of my sons now. Maybe that's why Armored Core 6 is clicking more with me... And Maybe I'll give this a shot on the Switch 🤔

The Persona games are great, but I had my fill after completing P4G. I’ve tried 5 a couple times and I went back to 3 when it hit Game Pass, but I just don’t have it in me to dedicate all the time necessary to go through another one. 

37 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

In @best3444 fashion, I'm interested in yet ANOTHER game now lol

I've tried to get into the Persona games in the past and nada. Just couldn't get past the extreme juvenile anime cheese. But it appears that stuff doesn't annoy me like it used to as I watch a ton of anime with both of my sons now. Maybe that's why Armored Core 6 is clicking more with me... And Maybe I'll give this a shot on the Switch 🤔

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

I definitely wouldn’t consider Persona juvenile cheese, they go into some pretty dark subjects that most games wouldn’t even touch

This is not juvenile in anyway. This is a mature game with mature themes. Sexual harassment, abuse, suicide, etc. Yea, you play as a HS student but this is no child's game.

I just got done another session and it just keeps getting better. I haven't been this addicted to a game in forever. I HIGHLY recommend this game. 

59 minutes ago, best3444 said:

This is not juvenile in anyway. This is a mature game with mature themes. Sexual harassment, abuse, suicide, etc. Yea, you play as a HS student but this is no child's game.

I just got done another session and it just keeps getting better. I haven't been this addicted to a game in forever. I HIGHLY recommend this game. 

I guess I mean visually. I mean, your punched in the face with bewbs, sexual innuendo, J-pop music, teenage angst, hormones etc etc right off the bat in those games. Maybe it's because I didn't stick with them.. Idk they just turned me off almost immediately in the past

• Wrong 1