PS4/PS5 will no longer have Twitter/X integration as of November 13 (Can't share Video/Pics directly to the site)

SaysWho?

Hate how people are cheering this move cuz "fuck twitter, fuck elon." Like yeah sure. And I don't blame Sony for doing it, but the App is such a poor backup option. Hate all of these mobile fuckers who fuck over desktop users. I HATE them. And fuck discord too. And fuck Sony for gutting their website so that you have to use the app. Fuck'em all.

15 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Hate how people are cheering this move cuz "fuck twitter, fuck elon." Like yeah sure. And I don't blame Sony for doing it, but the App is such a poor backup option. Hate all of these mobile fuckers who fuck over desktop users. I HATE them. And fuck discord too. And fuck Sony for gutting their website so that you have to use the app. Fuck'em all.

I've seen other apps get around this issue by not doing it through the app but taking the text and opening it in a browser or the app and basically a glorified copy and paste and if you want to post the image you have to save it yourself and upload it yourself.

But are also offering other methods to do it like posting it to facebook or discord.

Not implementing Twitter is no big deal for Microsoft since you can save stuff to your onedrive and post it anywhere. Sony doesn't have a good alternative.

Anyhow, I don't think anyone is cheering the move, I think most people would like it if pedo guy never took over and things were normal but alas that is not the case.

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Anyhow, I don't think anyone is cheering the move

I mean, I'm not sure if you view them as people, but some people on Reddit are.

4799e9ec058c4273608a271d9d9b63ed.png

634cce08019e00f4ff0851beeac9a543.png

And it's so frustrating to see people saying "just use the app" because the fuckers just post shit from their phone and don't use links. "Just download them from the app!" Only works if you're a pos fucker who actually uses social media to post things.

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

Why would the average person ever want to upload from a console to X/Twitter?  TBH, I am not sure I can ever recall seeing a post done this way.

For images. I post a screenshot to Twitter, and then I have a link I can post anywhere. I have done this plenty of times in the past across various consoles. Without twitter, if you want to post a link, you have to DL the image, and then re-upload it to an image-hosting website, and then grab the link from there.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

main-qimg-60beed42d83074cacffe8a517e783d

I don't even know what this means in this context.

Also, Forums aren't social media because I don't have to deal with sponsored/ad posts. That's how you know whether you are on social media or not.