Just ordered a new sd card for the Switch.

Derek

44 minutes ago, Derek said:

All of my games are divided amongst 2 other sd cards. Can I just put the new one in and redownload everything with no issues? Or do I have to delete them off the individual memory cards before redownloading?

Thank you.

You can just redownload everything. You can have multiple copies of the same game on multiple cards, it’s tied to your account not the sd card.

• Thanks 1

I believe that if you subscribe to their online service, all of your saves are stored in the cloud and you can just redownload everything and it will just work. That's what I did and it just worked. There may be additional complications because Nintendo sucks at this sort of thing and setting up new systems / managing accounts and logins can be a hot bowl of turtle diarrhea.

I ran into several super annoying and frustrating roadblocks to trying to give Nintendo more of my money and own two switches. Most of the process was annoying as FUCK, but the process of redownloading everything was easier than I expected.

11 minutes ago, ort said:

I believe that if you subscribe to their online service, all of your saves are stored in the cloud and you can just redownload everything and it will just work. That's what I did and it just worked. There may be additional complications because Nintendo sucks at this sort of thing and setting up new systems / managing accounts and logins can be a hot bowl of turtle diarrhea.

I ran into several super annoying and frustrating roadblocks to trying to give Nintendo more of my money and own two switches. Most of the process was annoying as FUCK, but the process of redownloading everything was easier than I expected.

All the saves will also be on the internal storage, none of them will be on the SD. Switching SD cards isn’t as annoying as switching systems, they won’t need to worry about things that don’t carry saves over like Pokémon, Splatoon, etc.

2 hours ago, Derek said:

All of my games are divided amongst 2 other sd cards. Can I just put the new one in and redownload everything with no issues? Or do I have to delete them off the individual memory cards before redownloading?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

You can just redownload everything. You can have multiple copies of the same game on multiple cards, it’s tied to your account not the sd card.

Oh an I hope you got a 1tb sd card like me and Stepee

• True 1

6 hours ago, Rodimus said:

I have so far avoided buying an SD Card for my switch. I'm thinking I should pick one up. Part of it was to restrict buying games. I believe I can resist mostly. but the real question is what size SD card to I get. I always like to have more space than not enough.

You seem to have strong will power and if you've just been using internal storage this whole time, I'm sure a 256gb card will be just fine.