Stealth F35 turns out to be very stealthy indeed

WWW.NPR.ORG

The pilot ejected safely from the fighter jet near Charleston, S.C. Now the Marines want the public's help in finding the aircraft, which is part of a training and demonstration squadron.

A SC rep asked on the pedo bird app why it doesn’t have a tracker on it, which seems like a generally poor idea for a plane that’s supposed to be hard to find and all.  

I think the pilot stupidity might be a part of it. I was really hoping they would have found this by the time I got up this morning, but knowing the governments luck there is some very happy redneck that just added to his right to bear arms collection and doesn't want the government to take his perceived new toy.  

35 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

I think the pilot stupidity might be a part of it. I was really hoping they would have found this by the time I got up this morning, but knowing the governments luck there is some very happy redneck that just added to his right to bear arms collection and doesn't want the government to take his perceived new toy.  

Is the thing able to shoot yet? :p

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Why did the pilot eject?  Usually when a pilot ejects it's because the plane is about to crash or has been damaged to the point where it is unflyable. To have the jet just keep on "keeping on" is pretty strange.  

It's possible that the pilot received/interpreted data that indicated that the aircraft had experienced a malfunction that would've rendered it unable to land even if there was no imminent threat of crashing.

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Why did the pilot eject?  Usually when a pilot ejects it's because the plane is about to crash or has been damaged to the point where it is unflyable. To have the jet just keep on "keeping on" is pretty strange.  

Anyways...

Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

Theres an F-106 on display in the aerospace museum that the pilot ejected from, it then corrected its flight on its own leveling off and eventually landed in a cornfield with minimal damage and was returned to service before being retired to the museum.

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Military investigators are determining what led a pilot to eject before the aircraft went undetected and crashed in a rural stretch of South Carolina.

A South Carolina couple had been celebrating their son's 7th birthday on Sunday afternoon when they looked to the skies. A fighter jet was flying above them in an "inverted" position, they said, before they heard a "boom" moments later.

"Our kids always give a little salute, so we said, 'Look at the plane. Oh my gosh, it's so low,'" Adrian Truluck said. "And it was kind of probably 100 feet above the tree tops, and almost going inverted." 

"It was probably three quarters of the way," added her husband, Stephen Truluck, as he gestured with his hand. "We could see the canopy" of the plane.