NFL Divisional Round (2023) - Trimming Down the NFC East Teams

Keyser_Soze

Eagles beat the crap out of a massively overachieving Giants team. All the casuals and the media will pick them as winners, but the Vegas line being set at -2.5 tells you all you need to know. It's a pick-em and will be a brutal battle between the two most physical teams in the NFL.

18 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

If you look at some of the ELO models, Eagles are 2.5 point favourites (which is same as Vegas)-- which gives them a 60% chance of winning -- i.e. it is 50% more likely the Eagles will win than the 49ers.

Same method had them as 9-point favourites (~80% win rate) vs. the Giants.

2.5 points is not a "pick'em" scenario.

You get 3 points for home field advantage, so it is saying the teams are even.

41 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Small sample size but Purdy is a good game manager. They had that in Jimmy G and still drafted Lance.  If Purdy were to win a super bowl (spoiler, they won't) then they would have to deem him the starter. But as of today, not a chance in hell. 

That game manager was statistically the best QB in the league since he took over....  Hes also basically free for the next 3 years, saving millions to fill any holes or re-sign talent in other positions, lol.  Rumor is he already has the job for next year, so again,

Brady Bunch K GIF

3 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Small sample size but Purdy is a good game manager. They had that in Jimmy G and still drafted Lance.  If Purdy were to win a super bowl (spoiler, they won't) then they would have to deem him the starter. But as of today, not a chance in hell. 

Purdy already has more pocket presence, awareness, and elusiveness to extend plays than Jimmy ever had or will have. Based on play calling, Shanahan trusts him as a passer more than Jimmy and Trey. He will be the starter next year even though they will say it is a "competition".

The fact that you suggest they would trade Purdy on one of the most ridiculously friendly rookie QB contracts says you don't really understand anything.

7 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Not true...the Bills were never up by 28.

Also you and I have very, very, VERY different definitions of "same thing."

“we got throttled from the jump!” is not the flex you think it is

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

“we got throttled from the jump!” is not the flex you think it is

It is in comparison to the Falcons and part of the point of the response of what Biggie was bringing up and what I had previously brought up in our back and forth.

I'm sorry if you missed some of it and some football down in Houston, SB, but that was the goings on between Biggie and me.

All good, though.

The better team won on Sunday.  Better offense, defense and coaching.  

However, at 14-4 I am far from wringing my hands over my team. 

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Falcons didn’t lose 4 Super Bowls consecutively. 

Checkmate

See, that's good!  Nice, Biggie!

It does nothing for getting you guys to .500, but it shows chutzpah!*

(* just checked...does nothing to get them out of last place, either, but it is still very good)

14 hours ago, Amazatron said:

Purdy already has more pocket presence, awareness, and elusiveness to extend plays than Jimmy ever had or will have. Based on play calling, Shanahan trusts him as a passer more than Jimmy and Trey. He will be the starter next year even though they will say it is a "competition".

The fact that you suggest they would trade Purdy on one of the most ridiculously friendly rookie QB contracts says you don't really understand anything.

The really nuts thing is that Jimmy G was playing the best ball of his career before he got injured again, and Purdy still outshined him.

Brock Purdy game manager...

Screenshot_25.png

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0124%2Fr1121962_
WWW.ESPN.COM

Kyle Shanahan said the Niners have decided to let the legal process play out with Charles Omenihu, who was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic violence earlier this week...

49ers wouldn’t kick the dude off the team even if there was a Ray Rice video showing the beat down. 

Lance got no value.  You can’t recoup what you paid to get him. You could trade Purdy for multiple 1sts though. 

On 1/23/2023 at 9:09 AM, PaladinSolo said:

Ahhh yeah, just a couple days ago they were playing the Cowboys, if you came away from that game thinking the Eagles are a lock you're on something, SFs defense is real, their run game is real, and they are competent in the passing game, its time to get over the thought that Purdy is going to have a "rookie" game.  I wouldn't expect a high scoring game next week.

This aged well :feelsgood: