Sony currently doing CES Keynote with focus on PSVR2 as well (GT7 VR coming to PSVR2 at launch/Project Leonardo accessibility focused controlled/Beat Saber will be on PSVR2)

SaysWho?

1 hour ago, stepee said:

maybe the valve stand-alone is real and will be good! 

I will probably be getting the PSV2 as my first because it ticks all the boxes I’ve been waiting for while not being priced as high as comparable models and it’s not owned by Facebook. Consoles do also have the advantage of fixed hardware which seems like a win when consistent performance is as important as it is for VR. 

Im also interested in what Apple is going to do for AR.

If Valve releases a new feature match for a good price I could be tempted into that too though! They knocked it out of the park with the Deck. 

1 minute ago, legend said:

I will probably be getting the PSV2 as my first because it ticks all the boxes I’ve been waiting for while not being priced as high as comparable models and it’s not owned by Facebook. Consoles do also have the advantage of fixed hardware which seems like a win when consistent performance is as important as it is for VR. 

Im also interested in what Apple is going to do for AR.

If Valve releases a new feature match for a good price I could be tempted into that too though! They knocked it out of the park with the Deck. 

Oh yeah, if you are getting a ps5 vr, it will be an excellent way to jump in I believe! Hopefully it can at least be modded to connect to pc so you can play Alyx.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stickey said:

Lol so many VR haters. No wonder I see ZERO VR news here. 

? As far as I can tell, there was only one person who had something negative to say about VR and they were limiting their criticism to a specific context. Everyone else here seems pretty clearly on the positive side of VR.

• True 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

It's true that it's mostly positive around here regarding VR but the price for PSVR2 is way too high. That's the negative. 

Yeah that seems fine? I certainly wouldn't classify being unwilling to pay a certain price being equivalent to being a hater of an entire technology :p 

Why wouldn't you want a nice headset? VR isnt something you'll feel out getting the cheap version. It can have the opposite effect, like PSVR1!

My bad on calling you all haters, VR doesn't have any presence on this board at all so when it does, I can get triggered lol. 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

On 1/6/2023 at 2:37 PM, stepee said:

Oh yeah, if you are getting a ps5 vr, it will be an excellent way to jump in I believe! Hopefully it can at least be modded to connect to pc so you can play Alyx.

No No No GIF

sorry bud. 

psvr-2-steam.jpg
WWW.ROADTOVR.COM

No more ungainly break-out boxes to contend with; thankfully PSVR 2 connects to PlayStation 5 via a single USB-C cable. But if you think you’ll be able to plug in that seemingly...

24 minutes ago, Brian said:

No No No GIF

sorry bud. 

psvr-2-steam.jpg
WWW.ROADTOVR.COM

No more ungainly break-out boxes to contend with; thankfully PSVR 2 connects to PlayStation 5 via a single USB-C cable. But if you think you’ll be able to plug in that seemingly...

Worth noting that the article states that the modder who got the OG PSVR working on PC (who they spoke with) is completely guessing, so this article is kinda silly until PSVR2 is actually out. :p 

I mean, my hopes aren't the highest, but with Sony being much more PC-friendly and even having official drivers and software for the dualsense controller, I think it'd be silly for them to block PSVR2 working on a PC, because... how does that even slightly benefit Sony?

56 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Worth noting that the article states that the modder who got the OG PSVR working on PC (who they spoke with) is completely guessing, so this article is kinda silly until PSVR2 is actually out. :p 

I mean, my hopes aren't the highest, but with Sony being much more PC-friendly and even having official drivers and software for the dualsense controller, I think it'd be silly for them to block PSVR2 working on a PC, because... how does that even slightly benefit Sony?

True but it sounds like PSVR doesn’t work great on the PC per the article. I don’t know how accurate that is since I never tried it. I would be wary buying this device if dual purpose is a key point in your decision making.