Atomic Heart Confirms DLSS3 and a Whole Lot of RTX Features for PC Release

Mr.Vic20

Let's keep the DLSS 3 games coming! Seems that adoption rate is even better than DLSS2 was in the first few months, so I'm hopeful that a lot of titles will benefit from it. I've become fairly accustomed to playing many games at 120FPS. I didn't think it would be a thing for me, but man I love it! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Let's keep the DLSS 3 games coming! Seems that adoption rate is even better than DLSS2 was in the first few months, so I'm hopeful that a lot of titles will benefit from it. I've become fairly accustomed to playing many games at 120FPS. I didn't think it would be a thing for me, but man I love it! 

Years spent waiting for us to finally hit steady 60fps at 4k and then as soon as we get there 120fps at 4k just pops up and is like sup.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Bonus:

NVIDIA-DLSS-3-Major-Improvements-Coming-
WCCFTECH.COM

NVIDIA has announced that its DLSS 3 technology is about to get some major improvements by the end of this quarter.

I really enjoyed people thinking that it wasn’t going to improve like DLSS 1 did, though :p 

• True 1

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

I really enjoyed people thinking that it wasn’t going to improve like DLSS 1 did, though :p 

Yup! There will always be fan boys from other parties that love to plug their ears and scream at the "rival" camp's products, regardless of facts. The current term they like to throw is "Fake Frames" in regard to DLSS3. 

50 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Yup! There will always be fan boys from other parties that love to plug their ears and scream at the "rival" camp's products, regardless of facts. The current term they like to throw is "Fake Frames" in regard to DLSS3. 

I like when they call it motion smoothing and say their tv can do it lmao

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Mines the 3090 ftw whatever, and it's really fine for everything...but more is better lol.

You want 4000 series from a 3090 primarily for dlss3 I think, since there aren’t cpus yet that can handle some maxed out games with ray tracing. And yeah, for more 4k/120 goodness!

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

How does AMD's FSR compare to DLSS anyway?

It's "fine" but the quality of the upscale isn't as good, and DLSS offers a larger performance increase. For the quality difference, you'd really need them side-by-side to notice on the highest setting, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It's "fine" but the quality of the upscale isn't as good, and DLSS offers a larger performance increase. For the quality difference, you'd really need them side-by-side to notice on the highest setting, IMO.

Yeah...I've been comparing videos and images where Nvidia fanboys claim that DLSS "destroys" FLS, in terms of image quality improvement...and I honestly can barely tell the difference unless I look closely. 

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yeah...I've been comparing videos and images where Nvidia fanboys claim that DLSS "destroys" FLS, in terms of image quality improvement...and I honestly can barely tell the difference unless I look closely. 

It's more notable in the lower "performance" settings, but at quality and maybe balanced it's Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Make sure you're looking at uncompressed images btw, that's where you can tell. Videos are tough due to YouTube compression making it more of a wash.

• Halal 1

FSR kinda breaks down in anything besides quality mode (going from 1440p) which kinda makes me think the tech isn’t as close as it seems but just 1440p upscaled isn’t the hardest thing to make look good. :P

Dlss balanced/performance mode is honestly where the real magic lies. Still looks better than FSR2 and then you are talking near 2x gains. 

I find FSR2 breaks down more during motion even in quality but at quality it’s close enough to be like whateva.

Dlss can only “destroy” fsr2 in the right circumstances in terms of performance like say dlss performance with dlss3 fg, you can get a 4x boost here, that definitely destroys fsr2 quality which is what 25%? The performance boost isn’t close and the image quality will be about the same. 

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

FSR kinda breaks down in anything besides quality mode (going from 1440p) which kinda makes me think the tech isn’t as close as it seems but just 1440p upscaled isn’t the hardest thing to make look good. :P

I do everything based on 4k because other resolutions are stupid

dave chappelle what GIF

24 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I do everything based on 4k because other resolutions are stupid

dave chappelle what GIF

I think I phrased that confusing, I also do everything in terms of 4k :P

I meant I believe that fsr quality scales from a 1440p native res. I could be wrong about that though! I know dlss quality usually does.

I was just saying that starting from a 1440p image and making it look good at 4k isn’t as nearly as impressive as starting from 1080p and making it look good at 4k. 

But you are right, dlss is much better when used with lower resolutions too!

11 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

If you're on anything but quality settings the image looks far worse in FSR, and it runs worse to boot. FSR struggles heavily with things like fast motion (which thankfully never happens in video games) and foliage (phew, never see bushes or trees in games) and weirdly, whenever there's a freeze frame of sorts. That last one is super evident when you play Judgment and bring up the phone, the entire game worlds turns into a pixelated mess. I'm assuming that one was a bug, so hopefully it's been fixed.

But all in all, it always just makes me let out a sigh when a game only has FSR. Yay, worse quality AND performance! But if I squint maybe I can't tell the difference. Also it doesn't scale with quality settings as nicely, so bumping it up to quality to avoid some of the flaws cuts more deeply into the already lower performance than it would be on DLSS quality. And one game... I think it was an RE title? Had an "ultra quality" setting that looked and ran worse than native. What the fuck was that about.

It's basically bad enough to where I barely ever turn it on even on my Steam Deck.

11 hours ago, stepee said:

We'll probably see a lot of console games this gen upscaling from 1440p with FSR2 as a result.  That's been CD Projekt Red's approach.

For games like Forspoken struggling to reach that, or Series S in general ... oof.