Guerrilla confirms it's working on online co-op Horizon game, among other Horizon projects

SaysWho?

Horizon.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

The studio is staffing up for the project which will let players "explore the majestic wilds of Horizon together"

Guerrilla has now specifically addressed the “online project set in Horizon’s universe”.

In a social media post, it said the game would feature “a new cast of characters and a unique stylised look”. It said: “friends will be able to explore the majestic wilds of Horizon together.”

The studio clarified that it would continue to make “epic solo adventures” starring series protagonist Aloy.

Epic solo adventures I'm sure include Horizon 3.

Guerrilla has long planned to expand Horizon into multiplayer, VGC understands. Sources previously said that co-op was initially planned for the first Horizon game but was ultimately scrapped so the development team could focus on other areas of the title.

They said Sony had also been keen to include co-op in this year’s series entry, Horizon Forbidden West, but Guerrilla decided to save the feature for a future project, which they believed would either be a standalone online spin-off, or Horizon 3.

Horizon Call of the Mountain will be a PlayStation VR2 launch title in February 2023, and Horizon Forbidden West‘s first expansion, Burning Shores, will be released in April.

They wanted co-op in the first game and considered it for the second.

PvE would be perfect for Horizon as an option.

I don't know. This series just doesn't do it for me in all honesty. I struggled getting through both games and Aloy is annoying. Horizon 3 has some potential and I'll probably play it but I'm not exactly looking forward to it. Coop...I don't play anything online except summon help in Elden Ring so I couldn't care less.