Avenue 5 Season 2

2 hours ago, legend said:

I'll have to check it out. The entire existence of season 1 could be justified solely by the amazing and constantly relevant airlock scene.

yes, i don’t remember a lot about the season but that scene is etched into my memory. so fucking good lmao. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 9:33 AM, Greatoneshere said:

Reviews are a decent step down from his previous work which is what has kept me away from it.

I put this off for the same reason, but I finally dove in last night and was hooked almost instantly. Stayed up late into the night to catch up with the Season 2 premiere. Much as I love all the work Ianucci has put into eviscerating the political sphere, it's nice to see him stretch his legs in a different arena. I feel like the emotional beats and interpersonal relationships are a little more effective here, but that might be a recency effect deal (and of course, only in as much as that's an actual focus, which it never has been.)

And obviously, it's hilarious. Think episode 2 dropped tonight, watching it in a bit.

• Halal 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...