Xbox Game Pass (not including PC Game Pass) generated $2.9 billion in revenue in fiscal year 2021

Commissar SFLUFAN

xbox-game-pass_odUfBJj.jpg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Microsoft's buyout of Activision Blizzard has given first insight into the revenue generated by Xbox Game Pass. Brazil'…

Microsoft's buyout of Activision Blizzard has given first insight into the revenue generated by Xbox Game Pass.

Brazil's Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE) has approved the buyout and released a public document including data on various gaming companies, as spotted by Tweaktown.

According to that data, revenue generated through Xbox Game Pass was $2.9bn in the fiscal period ending January 2021.

Compared with Microsoft's total yearly Xbox revenue ($16.28bn), Game Pass made up roughly 18 percent. It was also nearly 30 percent of its games and services revenue ($12.581) for the same period.

The last official word from Microsoft was that the subscription service had over 25m subscribers in January this year, but it reported 18m subscribers in January 2021 when revenue was at $2.9bn.

However, this $2.9bn is solely from console subscriptions, so doesn't include PC Game Pass.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I didn't think they paid much for games especially the smaller ones.

Yeah, rumor was Guardians of the Galaxy was 5-10 million, and that was from a big publisher, a Marvel IP, and a pretty big name game.  It wasn't a Day 1 launch, but I think many are over estimating how much some of these deals cost MS.

MS has to cover the 70% cut the publishers would get selling however many copies on Xbox.  With Xbox being the smaller platform, those deals probaby weren't as pricey.  If Publishers see more and more people on Xbox playing their games, the prices may go up, but so will Subscriber numbers so it all kinda works out.

• Halal 2

Compared with Microsoft's total yearly Xbox revenue ($16.28bn), Game Pass made up roughly 18 percent. It was also nearly 30 percent of its games and services revenue ($12.581) for the same period.

Gotta wonder how they're tabulating Live Gold in these numbers.  That would say a lot about game sales and DLC.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is there ANYTHING good on Apple arcade??? Something I can play omy my Ipad?

The Sakaguchi game, Fantasian, is supposed to be good.

Every environment in the game is a real, hand made model scanned into the game, made by his team.

I ordered an iPhone, im looking forward to trying it.

• Halal 1