Rise of the Ronin (Team Ninja, 2024) - Tokugawa-era third-person action game for PS5 (and maybe PC?)

Commissar SFLUFAN

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

Seems like Team Ninja is really hitting their stride again after that weird guy left.

You're referring to Tomonobu Itagaki, who clearly was the talent at that studio given how bad Team Ninja became after he left. But since Nioh they seem to be doing a lot better, barring the bad game here or there (like Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins, which I heard still has good gameplay at least). 

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah i was confused for a second and thought these might be the same game.

Same. :p And these are not meant to be confused with Black Myth: Wukong, that graphically impressive Chinese developed game.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I still haven't even played Nioh 2 yet and I'd want to play that first (Nioh 1 was soooo good). And they're making Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty and this at the same time? Impressive. 

It goes on sale pretty often on Playstation.  I was starting to hate it cause there are quite a few demons or fights I think they expect you to run away from early on unless you are some pro at these games (which I am not).  I decided to put it down for a bit.  I probably should revisit.  I feel the difficulty level compared to Nioh1 is way higher....or there are just more bullshit death moments.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

It goes on sale pretty often on Playstation.  I was starting to hate it cause there are quite a few demons or fights I think they expect you to run away from early on unless you are some pro at these games (which I am not).  I decided to put it down for a bit.  I probably should revisit.  I feel the difficulty level compared to Nioh1 is way higher....or there are just more bullshit death moments.

I played the first Nioh on PC, so I'd likely play the second on PC as well to get a locked 60fps and max out the graphics. Hearing the difficulty is even harder than the first one is quite something. I almost 100%'ed the first game but the extra missions/side missions/challenges near the end game of the DLC's was just insane. Expecting me to find two recent end game bosses but at once is nigh impossible. I'd say I almost 100%'ed it, I think I did about 95% of everything. So for this to be even harder? I didn't find Nioh 1's base game too hard until the end, but the DLC's upped the difficulty considerably. If Nioh 2 is as hard or harder than the DLC's of Nioh 1, I'll have to tread carefully. :p